28 October 2006

Newest Hearts

I decided to post my newest CQ hearts. It seems that lately I go days without picking up a needle. Then for some unknown reason I do and can't put it back down again. There's probably some official clinical name for this behavior but I really don't want to know. I would just as soon be ignorant to it. I just don't need another behavior to keep track of. LOL.

Anyway, I made these hearts to swap with the ladies on the Chains of Hearts group. In this group we have a wonderful collection of talented women from around the world. Members create their hearts from a specific pattern so as to maintain consistency. When hearts are available for swapping, photos are posted by members in the group album as 'available' and announced through the group email. Members wanting to swap will then ask for or offer a specific heart, and the swap proceeds. Similarly when hearts have been 'swapped', that information is posted in the albums, and to the group. Thus you are on your way to collecting 'chains of hearts'.

My first two hearts have been asked for. Quite a compliment, I think. So, where are they going?????

Heart #1 was swapped with Susan.










And Heart #2 was swapped with Renea.










Monday morning I will get them put into little padded envelopes and wisk them off to the post office. Monday morning will also find me checking my mailbox daily for my little padded envelopes in return. I'll be sure to post photos when they're received.

3 comments:

NormaH said...

Gerry, your first hearts look pretty terrific to me. Hope we can swap in the future.

Gerry said...

Hi Norma, I don't mean to sound greedy but I would love to trade a heart with you, and all of the other members. I'm so impressed with the different styles and technics. I love the creativity and imagination that these women bring to their work.

Maddie Can Fly said...

Your hearts are gorgeous! Lucky Renea and Susan.