30 November 2006

Deadlines Are Approaching.....Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick


At my most recent craft show/bazaar I was able to pick up yet a few more special orders. Giving me further opportunity to get my 'business' off and running. I've been walking quickly for quite awhile. I hope when the time comes that I can still run. LOL.

Obviously one lesson I need to learn, or more acturately a discipline I need to start employing, is not to keep accepting more work than I can handle. Gosh, why do I do that? I wish I could figure it out because I really hate being so slammed.

I guess I keep forgetting how long things take and that sometimes things so wrong, that life happens and that having a little cushion is NOT A BAD THING! I'll have to try and work on that one in the New Year.

Anyway, the woman who bought this table runner asked me to make her four matching place mats. I didn't even know if I had enough of these fabrics left to do it. And forget buying more yardage. They have been out of print for a few years now. That's what happens when you stockpile and store fabrics for too long. I blame this one on not buying the bolt. That's what I usually do. I must have been having a brain cramp the day I picked these fabrics up. You can bet that won't happen again. LOL.

Well, I'm more lucky than I deserve because I have just enough to make four of them. And I'm talking just enough. I have about an extra 5-6 inches of two or three of them. I've never cut a project so close in my life. And I WILL NOT do it again.

So, here it is.....The table runner, and one of the place mats (front & back). I hate using patterns. That is unless I design them. I designed the pattern for both of these items. I figured since the table runner was so angular that the place mats should also be. That worked out perfectly because those 'missing corners' are just how much short on fabric I was.






Oh look at the clock. My break must be over. LOL. I still have three of these little babies to finish today. Tootles!

1 comment:

JK said...

Oh these are really pretty darlin! No wonder she wanted the matching placemats. I would be in big doo-doo fodder if I tried to sell anything, as I never buy more than a fat quarter of anything. Glad you had enough to finish this order.