01 November 2006

Faces Only A Mother Could Love!

Well, for any of you wondering what we really look like...this is it. LOL. Halloween is the one day of the year when we can really be ourselves. From left to right we have: Me, DS, and DH. I'm sure you can see the 'family' resemblance just a clearly as we do. I do apologize for spilling my dinner down the front of me. But doesn't DS have beautiful teeth? We paid a mint for those babies. And I do love my DH dearly, despite the fact that he's such a PIG. (Ha, Ha, Ha)



All kidding aside, and I'm not really sure what the story is but we got very few Trick or Treaters last night. The weather was wonderful (warm and lightly breezy). Maybe Halloween is just fading away. That would really be too bad because I love Halloween! All of it, from dressing up the yard to costuming out. I don't dress up my fur babies though. I don't think they would like it very much.

What I really miss are the days of getting dressing up just to walk around while my DS did his trick or treating, or to scare the trick or treaters who came to the door. I scared A LOT of them last night. I even scared a couple of parents. (Chuckle, Chuckle)

Now DS has decided that he's too old to trick or treat anymore (and I agree) but he does still dress up and roam the neighborhood with his friends. Now, that's scary! This is DS and his best friend just before they took off last night.


'Til next year....

1 comment:

Susan said...

The thing that I remember most about Halloween was my Father-in-law's enjoyment of the night. When children said Trick or Treat, he would always say, "Let's see your trick then." In those days, the children actually understood what he meant, and would perform some feat. Today, they look at me with bewilderment, having no idea that Trick or Treat can mean anything other than, "Give me candy." =) Fortunately, few of them get the other meaning, either - where for no treat, they trick your house!