30 November 2006

One For The Shoe Junkie



If you love quality quilting and/or shoes, you are going to really enjoy this. This is Nellies Needles, "Beach Ball Shoe." See the link on her blog or click here to view her "Imelda's Dream" shoe quilt.


I ran across this post while doing the 'blog roll' thing this morning. I love shoes. I used to buy them in every color available if when I found a style I liked. Sometimes I even bought them just because I thought they would spruce up my closet. I was a collector! LOL.

I especially love high-heels. The spiked kind---3" and taller. At 5'2" I could easily get away with wearing them. And on more that one occasion the extra height came in handy.

Now, on the downside of my 40's, I still have many, many pairs of them just gathering dust in their boxes, in my closet. I don't wear them anymore because they hurt my feet. When I was younger and fashion was more important than comfort, wearing them for 'every day' was an acceptable price to pay. LOL.

Thinking about that now, it seems oh so silly. Looking at the broken veins, and not missing the corns, it was oh so unhealthy. Aaaawwwww, the dumb things we do for vanity, and during our youth.

The thing is, I don't regret it but I do laugh at myself--often.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm 5'3" - loved those high heels back in the day - haven't worn them in years though. The old knees are giving out on me, ya know. :)

JK said...

I love this pattern. And that veggie shoe on her site! Wonder where she got those patterns... I have a thing for shoes, and purses (thou in fabrics rather than on my feet). However back in the day of Methusala, I wore these things all the time. Now.. sneakers with those gel insoles..

Nellie's Needles said...

I just stumbled on this posting about my shoe quilt, "Imelda's Dream". In answer JK's question about the pattern, I designed it. All 16 shoes are made from the same pattern that I based on a classic pump designed by Christian Louboutin of the red sole fame.