25 November 2006

Scooby Doo CQ For My Dear SIL

This is my latest project. My favorite SIL just had a birthday. I managed to get the card sent out but ran late on the gift. I just got it finished and framed today. It will go out on Monday.

She is the world's biggest Scooby fan. This might me the ONLY Scooby item she doesn't have. She even works for a company that sales Scooby stuff.

Obviously my camera skills are lacking today. I didn't get a picture before I framed it, so now I get my choice of 'flash' marks or a dull flat look. DUH. Somedays, I wonder where my head is at!




The frame is for an album cover. It has self adjusting/spring type fasteners. It worked out perfectly because I had the bulk of the buttons, beads and charms. I put batting behind the CQ to absorb that bulk. Here are a few close up shots.




I had fun with it. I hope she likes it! Well, I'm outta here for now. One more project off of my list. On to the next one.....

4 comments:

Susan said...

Gerry, your Scooby Doobie thingie is so cute. She's bound to love this. I liked the seam treatments you added. What a fun piece! I also like your new Christmas graphic at the top.

Wilma said...

I think your SIL will be more then happy with this lovely present. I especially like Scooby with the gitar, ain't he cute?

Nina In Norway said...

She is lucky, your SIL. They were great. So special. Nice work. Great idea.

JK said...

OMG!! I just love this! She is going to be so excited! Beautiful job darlin!