To my little corner of the world where there is no limit to creativity. Where possibilities are endless. Where life happens and is embraced. And where a sense of humor is a must!

Sewing Southpaw...

Is the place where I share my creativity, my hobbies, and other stuff!


PET STORE PUPPIES AND INTERNET PUPPIES ARE PUPPY MILL PUPPIES.

NEVER BUY A PUPPY FROM A PET STORE OR FROM THE INTERNET...

STOP THE CRUELTY. DON'T SHOP - ADOPT!




NMDR Website

Colorado Miniature Schnauzer Rescue

Miniature Schnauzer Vintage Dog Rescue


Email sign photo emailsign.gif



Translators:
OR:



This is my son - all grown up.
I'm so very proud of him!
But I wish he would call
just a little more often :-)
Hugs, Mom

Fritz Von Woofshmidt
01/10/2000 - 01/04/2014



Fritz (aka Boo)
The very bestest doggy ever!


Visit My Shoppes

SSCandQ
  • Etsy
  • Ebay
  • PayPal
  • Email Me




  • Eye Candy Links
    My Photos At

    flickr

    www.flickr.com
    Hookstragang's My Own Creations photosetHookstragang's My Own Creations photoset






    In Loving Memory of
    Bella Donna


    In the short time that we had together your unconditional love filled our lives with happiness, and our hearts with joy.

    Your passing leaves us forever changed.

    Rest in peace my sweet, darling, little girl.

    July 5, 2006
    to
    October 19, 2007


    Legal Guide
    For Bloggers

    Free Web Site Graphics:



    Leather To Lace




    for visiting my blog





    Powered by Blogger

     





    “The most potent muse of all is our own inner child.”
    Stephen Nachmanovitch

    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States



    I'm a wife, a mom, a dog lover, a complete lefty, a true scorpio, and I'm on a creative journey. I welcome you to join me.



    Sewing Southpaw...

    Is the place where I share my creativity, my hobbies, and other stuff!


    21 November 2006

    What I Have to Be Thankful For...

    As Thanksgiving Day draws near, I begin to think about all of the things that I have to be thankful for, and those for which I am truly grateful. First and foremost in my thoughts, and in my heart, is my DS. His name even means A GIFT FROM GOD. I believe that he truly is.

    But let me back track just a little...

    Prior to his birth, I was a wanna-be mom, on the verge of turning 30, unable to have children, and coping poorly with that reality. And DS was a much loved soon-to-be-born, for whom his birthmother wanted a better life than she could provide. Thankfully, through a series of events, she chose not only to give him life, but also to place that life in my hands. There is not a day that goes by that I don't know how blessed I am to have him in my life.

    Raising him to be a decent, caring, loving, responsible, and most of all, a happy and well-adjusted person, has been my number 1 priority from the day I watched him come into this world. I will stop here, just a moment to pat myself of the back, because he truly is the kind of person I had hoped so much that he would be. But I cannot take but a part of that credit because my DS has cooperated the entire way.

    And of course, there is another, very dear and special person in my life that is also due a tremendous amount of credit, for the person DS has become. That would be my DH, and DS's step-father. DH first came into our lives when DS was very young. They took to each other immediately. The bond between them is strong, as it should be between father and son. The fact that they are great friends is just icing on the cake! They have even ganged up on 'mom' on occasion. LOL.

    And you probably guessed it, or at least saw it coming... This leads me to what else I am thankful for, or more appropriately put-who I am thankful for. My DH! He has restored my faith in men, in marriage, in human nature. And more importantly, has proven to me that true happiness can and does exist between couples. I have thought many times in my life that I was in love, and maybe to a degree or in some fashion I was. But not until this time in my life have I ever been so at peace in a relationship.

    And of course, last but certainly not least (because they almost always come first) are our furbabies, Fritz & Bella.

    Other things that I am thankful for are not so complex or heartfelt, but nonetheless important. I will list some of the most important to me by number:

    1. Indoor plumbing
    2. Hot and cold running water
    3. Electric coffee makers
    4. Ice machines
    5. Mail delivery
    6. Pizza Delivery
    7. Voice mail
    8. Online everything
    9. Crafting groups
    10. Sunrise
    11. Sunset
    12. A good night's sleep
    and
    13. The possibility that tomorrow can be a great day!

    HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!

    Labels: ,

    4 Comments:

    Blogger Susan said...

    What a lovely, thoughtful post, Gerry. I love reading about a mother who feels that way about her son, and a wife who feels that way about her husband.

    Yeah, indoor plumbing is at the top of my list, too! =)

    November 22, 2006 at 12:58 AM  
    Blogger Ribbonwiz said...

    You are blessed to have such a wonderful son, and he is blessed to have you..
    hugs

    November 22, 2006 at 7:14 PM  
    Blogger JK said...

    Gerry, this is beautiful, and thank you for sharing those wonderful personal feelings. Like yourself, I was unable to have children (full hysto at 27) and unfortunately I was unable to adopt, as at that time, you had to be married. It took me many years to be gifted with this Angel from God, and with him came a package of four children that I love and adore. So I may not have been blessed in one way, but I was blessed three-fold in so many more ways.

    November 24, 2006 at 8:59 PM  
    Blogger Charlene said...

    Thanks for sharing your heartfelt thankfulness - is your son Jonathan?

    November 25, 2006 at 8:08 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home