20 December 2006

DO YOU HAVE 'THAT' FEELING?





DECORATING'S DONE, SHOPPING'S DONE...NOW WHAT?
It can't possibly be time to relax, can it? Somehow that seems like a really strange
concept for me. Especially since up until Tuesday of this week I was running around like a crazy person wondering if I could get 'IT' all done. Now I certain that I've forgotten something really important. I just can't for the life of me think of what it might be. I had the windows replaced around the sides and above my front door. Then got that decorated.

I got Fritz's & Bella's stocking finished and hung with ours on the mantle. Although I'm missing a Nutcracker and I cannot imagine what could have happened to it. The box is there but it's empty.
So, where the hell is it? I've looked everywhere that I might have 'stuffed' it and it's not there. So, next thought, who would steal a Nutcracker? And why?

Oh well, the tree went up without a hitch this year. No problems with the lights, no surprise broken bulbs, etc. We do have a new addition on it this year, though. It's a darling little schnauzer ornament that Renea sent. (look to the left side, just below center)

Until we moved to Texas I had never even considered a 'fake' tree. Although I will admit that almost every year before we moved to Texas I cussed the 'real' ones. What a mess. And expensive, too. We stretched out and bought a nice, quality tree. One we felt we could 'live' with. So far it's been a good choice.

All and all I just don't miss trying to water it. Cleaning up sap. Watching the needles litter my floor as it slowly goes bare and dry, and dies. I don't miss what's left of the needles catapulting themselves everywhere when I try to get it out the door and to the curb. And I really LOVE the fact that I don't run quite as much of risk from fire. That really puts a damper on Christmas!

Finally, photos of two of my favorite things:

1st is the Village. DS and I have spend years collecting pieces and building it up to what it is today. We decided that we wanted to maintain that 'small town' feel, so no new pieces this year. The Village is complete!

2nd is 'MY PURPLE ROOM.' That's what it's always been called. I love this room. All of it, from the wild firework like explosions on the love seats to the 1920's Art Deco reproduction rug. and the fact that there is NO WOOD in the room, and I love the Asian feel and decor.

I even have special purple(ish) Christmas decorations for it. A stocking on the lamp, 2 Santas on the table, beads, and ornaments.

I guess all that's left to do is to say,

THANK YOU FOR VISITING, THANK YOU FOR COMMENTING, THANK YOU FOR THE TUTORIALS, AND THE HELPFUL LINKS. FOR SHARING PHOTOS, IDEAS, AND BITS AND PIECES OF YOUR LIVES WITH ME.


MERRY CHRISTMAS,
HAPPY HOLIDAYS,
HAPPY KWANZAA,
HAPPY HANUKKAH,
AND SEASON'S GREETINGS
TO THOSE WHOM I MIGHT HAVE MISSED!

2 comments:

Ati said...

Gerry you have a lovely home! I realy like the "little vilage".
I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas.

Cat said...

I enlarged that little village picture - way neat!

And your house... you know I love it!

And you... you are organized! I'm NOT done yet!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!