To my little corner of the world where there is no limit to creativity. Where possibilities are endless. Where life happens and is embraced. And where a sense of humor is a must!

Sewing Southpaw...

Is the place where I share my creativity, my hobbies, and other stuff!


PET STORE PUPPIES AND INTERNET PUPPIES ARE PUPPY MILL PUPPIES.

NEVER BUY A PUPPY FROM A PET STORE OR FROM THE INTERNET...

STOP THE CRUELTY. DON'T SHOP - ADOPT!




NMDR Website

Colorado Miniature Schnauzer Rescue

Miniature Schnauzer Vintage Dog Rescue


Email sign photo emailsign.gif



Translators:
OR:



This is my son - all grown up.
I'm so very proud of him!
But I wish he would call
just a little more often :-)
Hugs, Mom

Fritz Von Woofshmidt
01/10/2000 - 01/04/2014



Fritz (aka Boo)
The very bestest doggy ever!


Visit My Shoppes

SSCandQ
  • Etsy
  • Ebay
  • PayPal
  • Email Me




  • Eye Candy Links
    My Photos At

    flickr

    www.flickr.com
    Hookstragang's My Own Creations photosetHookstragang's My Own Creations photoset






    In Loving Memory of
    Bella Donna


    In the short time that we had together your unconditional love filled our lives with happiness, and our hearts with joy.

    Your passing leaves us forever changed.

    Rest in peace my sweet, darling, little girl.

    July 5, 2006
    to
    October 19, 2007


    Legal Guide
    For Bloggers

    Free Web Site Graphics:



    Leather To Lace




    for visiting my blog





    Powered by Blogger

     





    “The most potent muse of all is our own inner child.”
    Stephen Nachmanovitch

    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States



    I'm a wife, a mom, a dog lover, a complete lefty, a true scorpio, and I'm on a creative journey. I welcome you to join me.



    Sewing Southpaw...

    Is the place where I share my creativity, my hobbies, and other stuff!


    01 January 2007

    -2007-

    A Time For Change? A New Year?

    I thought a change for the "NEW YEAR" might be in order. So, I have been toying with the idea of changing the look of my blog. If you've popped in to visit during the past few days you've probably seen some of my experiments. I've become so frustrated with it that I decided to set up a 'test' blog to work it out. The only problem being that the template set up is different now. It must be a Beta thing. Always a challenge around every corner! LOL. I should have trusted my better judgment and not done the "NEW YEAR" thing.

    I don't know why so many of us believe that the beginning of a NEW YEAR will make such a difference in our lives. Maybe it's because we mark this time as an opportunity to start fresh. To put our disappointments behind us, to set new goals (that we might actually reach), and to do all of the things we failed to do previously.

    I quit making 'New Year's resolutions' years ago. It became clear to me that each year I hoped for the same things as the year before. Things like loosing a few pounds, getting in to better shape (something other than my current shape!), being more creative with the dinner menu, yada, yada, yada. Year in and year out I had the best of intentions. However, the importance of those intentions usually got down-graded the further I got into the year. LOL.

    So, what happens when you don't achieve those goals? Do you feel let down? Are you a failure? Did you not try hard enough? NO! It's simply a matter of facing reality. And the reality of it, for me at least, is knowing that all that is expected of me is - To do the best that I can. And that is all I can do. To try each day, or week, or month to make the changes I feel that I need to make. Being fully aware that I can't add any more time to the clock, no matter how fast I work, or no matter how much more I want to accomplish, or no matter what ever! And that there will ALWAYS be things that need to be attended to.

    Don't get me wrong, I have lots of 'plans' for this coming year. I have lots of 'things I would like to do' this coming year. But reality and past experience reminds me that for now it's best to be happy doing what I've managed to do well. And that's to be a...

    Good mother;
    Loving wife;
    Devoted pet owner;
    Loyal friend;
    Creative woman;
    Bargain hunter; and
    Semi-Frustrated blogger ~0_0~




    Happy New Year to all!

    Labels:

    3 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I always enjoy your blog. Best wishes for a new year to you. I thought you might want to know that the purple background makes your blog hard to read or maybe it is the small type I hope that these comments are helpful to you as I said I really enjoy your blog. Julia

    January 2, 2007 at 5:55 AM  
    Blogger Ati. said...

    Hi Gerry, your plans are very good for the new year. But I find your new blog a bit difficult to read with the new color and teh new size from the characters. Do you do the Stitch on tuesday today?

    January 2, 2007 at 11:41 AM  
    Blogger Gerry said...

    Thanks for the input, Julia. I'm trying to get it tweaked out. I think I liked the 'original' best but since I'm so resistant to change, I thought I should do it. It could be a year long adventure! LOL.

    January 2, 2007 at 6:11 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home