05 March 2007

Something Soothing

This poem came to me in an email the other day. And it came at just the perfect time. I have been feeling pretty mopey lately. I hope you get a chance to stop by and listen to it too. It's called An Irish Blessing.

I also ran across this site while trying to find the previous one. I consider it one of those rare finds. It's called a LuvAngel's Place Of Poetry and Song (Part 2). It's owed and run by Debi Ivy. She has many sites. All of them filled with poetry and music, and are just wonderful places to spend some quite and relaxing moments. I hope you will take a look. This is one of her poems.

One Perfect Rose

One perfect rose
Frozen in time
One perfect rose
Perfect for all time
Perfectly formed petals
Caught in a storm
Not eternally to be
Neither dead
And yet not alive
Destined to be
In a seemingly endless field
Of snow and Ice
Dances a small bit of color
Perfect petals wrapped together
Holding tightly to each other
Encased in the ice
That holds its very life
One perfect rose
One perfect time
Forever frozen in time

Debi Ivy 1/1/07



Enjoy

1 comment:

Clothmatters said...

Gerry- Thank you for the lovely poem. I enjoy visiting your blog. It is beautiful.
Connie