25 May 2007

The School Year is OVER!

I am SOOOOO glad to have this school year behind us. It was really nice to sleep in this morning. For those of you who don't know...our DS cannot seem to get up to an alarm. So either myself or DH have to get up every morning just to make sure he's up. Or get him up if he's not. We have tried everything we can think of and we've had little luck. It's weird but it's a thing. I really worry about what will happen when he goes to college. And especially, when he enters the workforce. YIKES!!!! I'm thinking some sort of clinical trial maybe.

Still and at any rate, now we get to take a breather until August 27th, when it starts again. DS will be a Junior in the fall. And then college is only 2 years away. Have you seen the cost of tuition lately? Ouch!!!! And despite my crabbing, when that time comes I'll be sad to see him go. And NO, I never cried when he went off to kindergarten.

This is our DS 6 months ago. I'm kind of sorry that he cut his hair. I thought he looked just fine with long hair. I guess I just like long hair on a man. When I met my DH he had hair down below his shoulders and wore it in a pony-tail. Now he keeps his short too.

The other picture is about a week old. It's DS clean cut and shaven (LOL) with his girlfriend. Isn't she a doll? She's really very sweet. Very polite and courteous. And she's smart! I'm sure her parents are very proud. Anyway, this is what young love looks like for those of you who might have forgotten. LOL. (Sorry about the photo. Removing the clock was an after-thought.)


Unfortunately they won't be hanging out this first weekend that school's out. DS found himself restricted from using his car because of the events surrounding the BIG dent in his car bumper a couple days ago. I don't even want to go there. Let's just say, "I'M NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!"

Well, 'til next time....

8 comments:

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Very handsome young man. Can he wake up to the phone?

Gerry said...

Hey, that's one we haven't tried. DUH!!! Especially, since he has the phone glued to his ear most of the time. LOL.

Clothmatters said...

Gerry- Your son is so handsome and his girlfriend is beautiful. What an adorable couple they make.

Anonymous said...

I never sooked when my kids went off to kindy either lol, I threw a party and done cartwheels down the school footpath! LOL Handsome son there Gerry, both are lovely photos.

JK said...

They sure grow them handsome in your state! What a good looking young man hon! You did good!!

Gerry said...

Oh proud mom BEAMING here. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm also assuming that you would be willing to have him come and stay with you when the 'teen-ager' really starts coming out?!?!?!?!?

Beth said...

Your son is so handsome and what a cutie girlie friend. My son was hard to wake up and still is at 22. Wish I could tell you it will get better, lol. Hope you have fun on your trip!

Gerry said...

Oh great! Maybe I'll look into a bed that dumps him out when the alarms goes off. LOL. And I had a wonderful trip!