06 June 2007

Egyptian Theme Swap - Block 1

My most current swap with CQN is an Egyptian Theme Swap. I know that this isn't exactly what you would picture when referring to Ancient Egypt but this is what I have to work with. Egypt is in Africa, so I'm willing to walk the fence on this one. I did some Internet research on patterns, attire, etc., and I don't think I'm too far off. Beads, charms, stitches, etc., will have to fill in the blanks. LOL.

Now, if you really want to know what an Egyptian block looks like, check out this piece of art work at JK's blog. And King Tut's Mask is also a must see!


Well, I'm off to piece another block. Happy Needling!

8 comments:

Charlene ♥ NC said...

As I said on the list, I think it's a pretty, colorful block - and look - no purple!! hehe

Gerry said...

LOL! But you can bet I'll be putting purple on it!

Ati said...

wow Gerry, those blocks are beautiful allready!
What a nice color sceme, so warm and so oriental.
Like your doggy mouse peeker too, what a comical idea. :)

Candi said...

Wow! Your blocks are simply gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see them as they go along!! You are soooooooo gifted!
Lots of HUGZ:)
Candi

Gerry said...

Hello ladies, Thank you, thank you. I'm excited to start embellishing them.

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous, am very much looking forwards to seeing how this blocks get embellished and stitched. It would be right out of my 'safety zone' but my oh my, what a learning experience. You girls will have a ball!

Maddie Can Fly said...

Love your fabric choices -- looks like you finally dipped into your stash (like I did). And yes, you can swap as many blocks as you'd like to make.

Gerry said...

LOL. Getting 'out of my zone' was a really good thing for me. And getting to revisit my stash was way too fun!