20 June 2007

Waz (Been) Happening?

I've been having a visit with my mom. I flew her here from Arizona for a week. She headed back home yesterday and now it's time to catch up....

The photo is me (with my new short hair cut), DS (with his new beard growth), and mom. BTW, she's not that short. She's sitting on a chair!

We did a little sewing/crafting while she was here. Not as much as I had expected but what we did was fun. Here's a peek at a pillow we made. They will be Christmas presents for my nieces and nephew. I sent her home with all the fabrics, pillow forms, and other goodies and supplies to make 4 more of them, including a 'beginner's' cutting mat and cutters from JoAnn's.


I was really happy with the way this one turned out. Each one will have a center siggie with their name and a saying. Some beads, rick-rack or lace, etc. And for my nephew, something more macho, of course. LOL.

Some of the other things we did included dinner at Chili's with DS's girlfriend and Babin's Seafood in Kemah as a family. I love to tour the Boardwalk after dinner. Mom and I soloed to do a little antiquing and lunch at Sandie McGee's in Richmond, made 2 trips to JoAnns, and had lots of conversation over iced tea (fresh brewed and unsweetened, of course). DS took grandma for a tour of the area and the neighborhood. Which was a nice way for them to spend some time alone, too.

In the end, I think mom enjoyed everything except the weather. BIG SURPRISE! LOL. The rain sort of freaked her out. Let me see....54" per year vs. 3" per year. Oh, now it makes sense. The humidity was really hard on her too. She's used to a dry heat. But we both agreed that it was OKAY if it wasn't snow! LOL.

Well, got to go sew :-)

6 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Sounds like ya'll had a great visit!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Like the haircut - have you adjusted? What a handsome son, and a cute Mom, too! Must be a family thing?? Sounds like y'all made the rounds and had a fun visit. We'll be watching for those pillows - which are darling, by the way!

Gerry said...

Hi Mindy (and little MOOO), and my buddy, Charlene, too!

It was a great visit. Couldn't quite get mom talked in to CQ but I'll keep trying. LOL.

As for the hair cut....I've given up 22 inches in 3 months. I'm going to stop for awhile. LOL.

Ati said...

So nice to have your mam for a week. I love to see a new picture of you and your son too.

Gerry said...

Well, you know how much mom's love to show off their off-spring. LOL. Nice to see you, Ati.

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo of you all, and it is so nice your Mum came to stay - even if weather did knock her around a bit.