26 July 2007

Feeling Pretty Special


Yes, it's the little things in life that give us the most pleasure. Or least it should be. And it's the little things in my life that have me wearing a big grin lately. I do have to give credit to my cyber friends, though for pointing it out to me. Because it seems that I'm busy being Captain Oblivious and have missed it all. LOL.

First of all, I was just tickled to find out that my cell phone pouch was featured in the Reader's Showcase in the current issue of CQMagOnline.

I took a chance and sent in some photos. Thinking, "what can it hurt?" And low and behold, there they are. It was Lori who brought it to my attention. And as she put it....I've been published! Boy, I'm glad that pressure is off me now. LOL.

Then I find while browsing the other articles that Pat Winter was in deed able to get my comfort doll submitted with her article,
Comfort Doll Project: Worldwide Open Invitation.

There have been so many lovely dolls donated for this great cause. You can view more of these works of art and love at the Flickr site as well as Pat's blog. BTW, if you've been thinking about joining in, there's still time!

And finally, while I'm checking email this morning I get congratulated by Sharon for being the current "Cover Girl" on CQforNewbies (CQN). Thanks also go out to Lesa for choosing one of my Egyptian Theme Swap blocks.

Thanks for taking the time to join me in this little celebration~


5 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Talented AND famous! WOW!

Gerry said...

Oh gosh, you make be blush. LOL. BTW, that's not just any dragon, that's my most current photo!

Jo in NZ said...

Gerry, I know what you mean. I remember my first "publishing" LOL. I knew I had some stuff in the showcase, but was really surprised to see my dolls in Pat's article too!

Ati said...

You deserve it, your work IS lovely!!

Gerry said...

(VBG) Like I said, "it's the little things." And thank you!