30 July 2007

Hostessing a Swap

I've decided to hostess a swap. I've participated in group activities for over a year now, and have always left the 'work' up to someone else. I guess it's high time that I do my part. LOL. Besides, this theme really appealed to me and I wanted to do it! Luckily, there have been a lot of takers. So, I'm thinking it was a good idea after all.

Okay, well what is it????? It's a Season to Season Swap for Fall. And I guess, technically it's not a swap. Because you get your own block back. Never the less, that's what I calling it. Sign-ups are open (to group members) until August 10th. Then when I have a final list of everyone joining in, I will post their first names, last initial, and links to their blogs, 360's, flickr, etc., for those of you who want to feast on some really lovely eye candy.


This is my block. I was going to wait a little longer to piece it but with so many members going gang-busters on their blocks, I felt like a slacker. LOL.



The group is CQN. The objective is to piece an 8" square (finished) block in "Fall" colors/theme. Whatever "Fall" is to the block maker.

The block maker will embellish approximately 1/2 of the block, any where, any way she wants. Then it comes to me. I do a blind draw, assign a swap partner and then send the block to that member who will add her magic to the remaining 1/2 of the block. When I get those completed blocks back, I return them to their original owners. The time frame for this swap is 3 months.

And you're probably one jump ahead of me here because, the next Season to Season Swap will be....Winter! It will be nice at the end of a year to have added my touches to 4 blocks for someone else, to have 4 of my own in return, to have strengthened friendships, and hopefully to have learned a few new techiques along the way.

Well, I guess I better start looking for trims, and lace, and buttons, and stuff. Happy Needling!

8 comments:

loulee said...

What a great idea, I love your block.
I wpn't be volunteering to join in until I have had a lot more practice.

Maddie Can Fly said...

Love the sunflower fabric. A great block!

Ati said...

What a lovely Fall block you made.
I also love the cell phone pouch !

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Beautiful colors. The swap would be so much fun.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Yeah, Gerry! Good on YOU! I'm glad you decided to go for this 'swap'. Seems like it'll be a lot of fun. I'd like to think when they're all complete I'll make a four season's wall hanging for ME.

Susan said...

Your block is beautiful! It's very fall-like, but also cheerful looking.

JK said...

Hey kiddo, beautiful job on this block. Love the colors! Thanks so much hon for jumping in and hosting this great swap, and so thrilled to see how many have joined up! I think this is going to be a very popular swap and I can't wait for the winter one. Oh by the way, can we mail our block to you now if it is finished??

The puppies leg was shaved because he had a slew of blood tests and all that good stuff to make sure she was in good health. With all the bad press on breeders, I made sure my step-son had her checked out completely by his own vet. She is a beauty isn't she? With any luck they will let her have puppies one time and I will be the recipient of one! There is no way I could afford one, as they range in price from $1,800 to $2,500. Sheesh!!!!!

Gerry said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. I realize the block isn't as 'orange' as one might expect Fall to be but it's what Fall is to me :-)

Yes, feel free to send your blocks to me when you're finished with your 1/2.

WOW, JK that's a pricey puppy. LOL.