To my little corner of the world where there is no limit to creativity. Where possibilities are endless. Where life happens and is embraced. And where a sense of humor is a must!

Sewing Southpaw...

Is the place where I share my creativity, my hobbies, and other stuff!


PET STORE PUPPIES AND INTERNET PUPPIES ARE PUPPY MILL PUPPIES.

NEVER BUY A PUPPY FROM A PET STORE OR FROM THE INTERNET...

STOP THE CRUELTY. DON'T SHOP - ADOPT!




NMDR Website

Colorado Miniature Schnauzer Rescue

Miniature Schnauzer Vintage Dog Rescue


Email sign photo emailsign.gif



Translators:
OR:



This is my son - all grown up.
I'm so very proud of him!
But I wish he would call
just a little more often :-)
Hugs, Mom

Fritz Von Woofshmidt
01/10/2000 - 01/04/2014



Fritz (aka Boo)
The very bestest doggy ever!


Visit My Shoppes

SSCandQ
  • Etsy
  • Ebay
  • PayPal
  • Email Me




  • Eye Candy Links
    My Photos At

    flickr

    www.flickr.com
    Hookstragang's My Own Creations photosetHookstragang's My Own Creations photoset






    In Loving Memory of
    Bella Donna


    In the short time that we had together your unconditional love filled our lives with happiness, and our hearts with joy.

    Your passing leaves us forever changed.

    Rest in peace my sweet, darling, little girl.

    July 5, 2006
    to
    October 19, 2007


    Legal Guide
    For Bloggers

    Free Web Site Graphics:



    Leather To Lace




    for visiting my blog





    Powered by Blogger

     





    “The most potent muse of all is our own inner child.”
    Stephen Nachmanovitch

    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States



    I'm a wife, a mom, a dog lover, a complete lefty, a true scorpio, and I'm on a creative journey. I welcome you to join me.



    Sewing Southpaw...

    Is the place where I share my creativity, my hobbies, and other stuff!


    20 July 2007

    Piecing Hearts Again

    I spent part of the last two days piecing hearts. Most of them will be available for swapping with the Chains of Hearts (COH) group. It's been months since I've been active in this group. I guess I just finally decided that I wanted to get reacquainted and start swapping hearts again. The trick has become trying to keep up with all of the commitments that I've made. I keep thinking that it will slow down but the minute it does, I jump into another one. What can I say? It's fun!



    Well, got to sew. I'm still trying to make a dent in my cell phone pouches. So, until next time...Happy Needling!

    Labels: , , , , ,

    11 Comments:

    Blogger Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

    I like those. What will they be used for?

    July 20, 2007 at 12:06 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I know what you mean! I am new to stitching, and it's so fun, AND addictive! I was in my first RR in one of my groups, and I just finished a pincushion swap in another, and I've found I really enjoy sitting and hand stitching, and it easily becomes hours once I start in!! Eeek! Gotta be careful about that, the housework's gotta get done here somewhere, ha!
    Jackie M.

    July 20, 2007 at 12:38 PM  
    Blogger Gerry said...

    Mindy, I haven't done anything with my swap hearts yet but plan to put them into a wall hanging. Ati used some of hers for a donation quilt. I've also seen them used as a window topper.

    Anita, I chuckle at your housework statement. Sounds like you would like Quilting with the Past's blog. Her motto is "Sewing Forever...Housework Whenever...

    July 20, 2007 at 5:05 PM  
    Blogger Charlene said...

    It's great to have some make up ahead so when you have a few minutes to stitch, they're there waiting instead of 'not enough time to make the heart and stitch it, too.' Love your color combos-anxious to see the results!

    July 20, 2007 at 6:47 PM  
    Blogger Susan said...

    These look like great stitching spots! Somehow that story has a very familiar ring to it. I wonder where I've heard it before. =) That's why I'm not signing up for the swap you are doing - I still have so many commitments, I know I'll just be totally stressed! Do another one next spring. =)

    July 21, 2007 at 10:31 PM  
    Blogger Cat said...

    Wonderful colors! Next... the fun part!

    July 22, 2007 at 7:01 AM  
    Blogger JK said...

    Hey chickee, these are so pretty! I love the colors and can't wait to see what you do with them. Thanks for visiting my blog darlin, and sorry for not visiting sooner. And yes, those Oo-la-la guys do look the same, and I never even realized it until you said something!

    July 23, 2007 at 10:10 PM  
    Blogger Maddie Can Fly said...

    Beautiful hearts. I can't wait to see what the black/grey/silver one becomes.

    July 24, 2007 at 10:18 AM  
    Blogger SympleTymes/PrimitiveRose said...

    Gerry your hearts are just beautiful! I have been wanting to learn crazy quilting..but figure I must master basic quilting first.
    Your blog is gorgeous!!
    Hugs Sherrie

    July 25, 2007 at 9:00 AM  
    Blogger Allison Ann Aller said...

    These hearts are so inviting! Makes me want to do some, too.... ;-) Maybe when winter comes....

    July 25, 2007 at 11:50 AM  
    Blogger Gerry said...

    I tend to get better color combinations when I batch them because I have everything strung out. LOL.

    July 27, 2007 at 9:26 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home