08 August 2007

Updated 08/08/07

- Goals, Plans, and Hopes for 2007

Well, it looks like the New Year will bring lots of fun happenings. I belong to a number of groups but unfortunately I had over extended myself and have all but abandoned some of them. I'm hoping to better spread my time among them in the coming year.

In my CQ/Embellishing Groups:

CQForNewbies (CQN) - I have committed to:
Birthday Group #2 - Completed.
Fairy Tale RR -Still in the works.
Sharing Our Hearts - Still in the works.
I have completed several other projects, and I am hostessing my first swap.

Chains of Hearts (COH) - I have been very remiss in my original commitment of embellishing hearts to swap. I have managed to get 4 done, and am working on the 5th. My goal is to embellish at least two hearts per month in the coming year. I have now traded 8 hearts, have 1 available, and am working on more.

Hand-Embroidery - I pretty much need to start fresh here. I've nearly lost touch completely. So, I guess that would be my goal....Get reacquainted and start over! I left this group.

CQEmbellishers - I plan to join is something--Anything. I've been very intimidated about the skill level and expectations of these group members to the point that I hardly ever even read the group email. Up until now I've figured, what's the point? Why open myself up to rejection and criticism? That's just unfair of me. The thing is that these ladies seem to be a really great group. They are very accomplished and talented. And there's nothing wrong having a 'higher standard.' I pledge to over-come my silly little fears and press forward! Still getting up my resolve.


In my Cloth Doll Making Group my goal is to make at least one, hopefully two dolls this year. I am beyond an amateur but I do so enjoy it. I would like to work on faces. It would be nice to make a doll that wasn't frightening to look at. LOL. No new projects with this group. But I have made 2 comfort dolls.


In my CQ/Quilting/Crafting Rings:

Bloggers Who Embellish - I would like to get some type of a blogging & embellishing project going on. Maybe we could work Susan's TSTC into it somehow?!?!?! Group might be closing.

Crazy4CQ - This is basically a 'place-holder' group. But I think it could be more. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Still on-going and active.

Around the Block - I would like to do a little 'sane' quilting again. I have a beautiful machine quilting frame that is just collecting dust. My DS even came in and blew the dust off of my task light a few days ago. How sad is that? The goal....finish the quilt top I pieced early on this year. No progress here.


In my Altered Art & Mixed Media Group, Altered Creative Friends - My goal is to make at least 3 altered art projects this coming year. A journal would be nice. I'm even saving my Christmas cards to scan and work with. Group closed down.


In The Schnauzer Den - I'm going to put my new camera to work and get photos of my fur babies posted more often. Both to the group and to my blog. Lurking but not participating anymore.


Other personal goals would be to get my Etsy store up and running. Listed a few things but not really pursuing it. And also to get an E-bay store set up and off-load some of my fabric. No progress here.

I have however, cut 26+ inches off of my hair. Managed to gain 25 pounds. And I'm finally going to the gym.



1 comment:

Cathy said...

Best Wishes with your first swap as swap hostess, hon. You'll do fine!

I loved reading your years review and am now wondering how my goals for the year would have changed, had I bothered to document them, LOL! Remember, it's never to late to pursue your dreams, even if it's at a later date.