02 September 2007

Catching Up Post

The Season to Season - Fall swap/share is well under way. The remaining blocks should be in the mail and on their way. I have 17 of 31 already. We did have one partner have to back out for personal reasons, which left us with an uneven number of partners. So...I made this 'make it even' block. I will try to work on it later today and tomorrow.

This swap only allows us each to send one block in. So, my extra block will be raffled in some way on the CQN group. That way everyone gets something to work on and I don't have to pull out myself.



Next we have the Sharing Our Hearts (SOH) heart for Jaki, also through CQN. This was my very first attempt at SRE. And while it's only leaves, I'm very happy with it. I would really like to learn how to make flowers. Oh well, baby steps....




I guess, I better get to stitching. 'Til Next Time...Happy Needling!!!


3 comments:

Charlene ♥ NC said...

I like the fun make-up block you stitched. And your hearts are beautiful, as always. You'll love SRE - it covers a lot of space and works up fairly quickly. Take a look here: http://www.taunton.com/threads/pages/t00017.asp
On one of the photos is a link to five basic stitches and on the other is a link to five stitches to add... Have fun!

By the way, things are back to normal on your blog for me.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I bought that same candy corn material!! I am making an apron out of it!

Courtney Short said...

looks beautiful.. i am surprised this is your first time with SRE.. I love playing with the ribbon.. I have a few good books with SRE techniques - I have a couple that are almost doubles and you are welcome to one if you want it. Just let me know.