14 November 2007

This and That...UPDATED (11/16)

Gosh, it seems like I've been gone for so long. Sometimes it requires stepping away from the groups, blogs, and the computer to get things done.

Yesterday I got the completed blocks mailed back to their owners from the Season To Season (STS) Fall block share. These ladies did such a tremendous job on these blocks. It was really quite an honor to be able to see each one in person throughout the process.

Tomorrow I'll be mailing out the 1/2 worked blocks for the STS Winter block share. And again, the blocks are looking just incredible. These blocks will be with their partners until the first of January, 2008. So there will be plenty of time to get photos posted and links to their blogs or other sites.

Speaking of mailing blocks....do you have any idea how much money is pumped into the postal system? I can't even imagine. But the estimated cost of sending blocks back and forth for the Fall block share added up to over $170. Good grief! It was probably more than that considering International shipping. I'm so thankful that these ladies were so generous in helping out.

In addition to being so great to send their postage, envelopes, gifts and notes to their swap partners, they showered me with the most incredible hostess gifts. And while it's never required, it is always appreciated!

Just look at all these goodies!!!! Boy, or boy I can't wait to start using them (big smile)!!!!!

From Ati


From Carole


From Charlene


From Connie


From Courtney


From Cynthia


From Faith


From Helina


From Irena (Ira)


From JK


From Judi


From Katrien


From Leslie


From Marlene


From Mary


From Norma


From Patricia


From Robin


From Sharon G


From Sharon R


From Susie




Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!




3 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Sweet stuff!! People involved in swaps are just the nicest people aren't they?

I am on a first name basis with the people at the post office.

Gerry said...

LOL. You know I walk in with my HUGE bag of packages and I can feel the people behind me burning holes in my back with frustration. The people at the counter all want to close up and go to lunch!

Susan said...

The postage is incredible! I mail stuff all the time, and the postage really adds up.

You received some beautiful hostess gifts! You won't *need* to go shopping for a while, but I'm guessing you might anyway. =)