03 December 2007

STS - Winter update

This is a before and after of Robin's winter block. Robin did a great job with this block before sending it to me. I apologize that the photo doesn't do it the justice it deserves.



Starting from left to right, at the top, I added: the pink French Knots to her Feather stitched vine and beaded flowers trail, and the white Chain stitched half circles with the gold beads below it.



The colored beads to her green Fly stitches and the small green butterfly below the lace flower motif. Also the blue ribbon with the pink Chevron stitch and the blue beads.



The gold French Knots above her red Herringbone stitches, and the gold filled Lazy Daisy stitches with the blue Straight stitch snowflakes below.



The burnt orange Blanket/Buttonhole stitch (variation) and Straight stitch combination with white beads and gold cylinder bead pieces, and the Whipped Back stitch for the hand embroidered "Winter." And finally, the pink beads along the edge of her blue ribbon.



I would also like to extend a special thank you to Sharon B for making her wonderful Stitch Dictionary available for reference.


Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My GOSH! Gerry you have done an awesome fabulous job on my block! I cant wait to see it in person! And thank you very much for putting the word "winter" on it. I wanted letters on all my blocks but I just cant get the backstitch right yet so I have been practising so I can do this when I get them back! And its on point! Perfect!
Thank you
Robin

Susan Tuttle said...

Hi Gerry,
Beautiful! The details are just marvelous!

Thank you so much for the kind blog comment.

Hope you are enjoying the holiday season.

Susan

Sandra Evertson said...

Wow, your needle work is beautiful! Lovely Blog!
Happy Holidays!
Sandra Evertson

Susan said...

Gerry, it looks wonderful! You have really expanded your knowledge of stitching in the last year! Hasn't it been fun? This will be such a pretty block, and it seems Robin likes it. =)

sharonb said...

Great description of what you have done on such a lovely block and thanks for linking to my stitch dictionary I am pleased you foind it useful and shared the information on where to find it.

Ati said...

Beautiful done Gerry. It is a lovely block!

Jane said...

I am sure Robin will cherish this block. You have done some gorgeous work on it! I am very much enjoying all the pics of this STS swap.

Frederique said...

Your block is gorgeous! I love the way you added beads and embroideries.

Clothmatters said...

Beautiful work Gerry!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Beautiful work - lovely stitching! She's going to LOVE it!

Like your holiday theme!

Gerry said...

Oh myy goodness, look at everyone who popped in! Thank you so much for you kind words. And for taking the time.

Cat said...

This is a beautiful Winter block!

Winter has hit us here - snow snow snow!

Yesterday we were wishing we could meet you and your DH up in Park City again!