20 February 2008

Ramblings and Such

I would like to start today by letting you know that Susan has got an Etsy shop up an running. She has some very lovely laces and threads to offer. These are the items that I received in my first order. Aren't they scrumptious?



I've also managed to get my Food Fight block done for Janet is hostessing over at CQN. In this swap we are supposed to make a block representing a recipe and include that recipe with it. I chose to theme my block for Chicken Tortilla Soup. If you click on the photos, they will enlarge.







My recipe card was made using a Print Master program. I just love the graphics and projects that it contains. Of course, mine is version 11 and verion 22 is out now, so I'm just a little behind the times. But I still have fun putting this together and seeing how "Chicken" he really is about being made into soup? LOL. Must be my sadist side coming out.



My little chicken was another Press n' Seal project. I'm starting to really like that stuff. LOL. Well, with this project done, they will be in the mail and on their way to Janet tomorrow.



The next project I'm working on is for the STS-Spring block swap. This is my partner Mary's spring block. She's done such nice job with coordinating the fabrics and stitching the center portion of the block. I'm excited about getting to work 'filling in the blanks' for her.



This photo I threw in because somebody asked me about my studio. Make no mistake, this is not what it normally looks like. This is the version you get when you've got your house up for sale.



These next two items are just for fun. This is a little pin cushion that I made for Charlene earlier this month. I picked up the beaded shoe at Hobby Lobby one day while shopping with Sharon. It was originally meant to be used for a wedding decoration or something. Anyway, it had a stake attached to it, so it was meant to be poked into something. I took off the stake, rolled some felt around some pillow filling, dabbed a little fabric glue in the shoe and stuffed it in there. Too easy, huh??? Okay, so much for Crafting 101.



This next little item was sent to me by Carole. I've found it to be a very good prescription to have around. Although, it really didn't last very long. I guess I'm ready for a refill. LOL.



Well, I guess that's it for now. I need to go get some STS-Spring blocks logged in and photos taken. Thanks for stopping by!

Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!



18 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

That little chicken is so sweet!

I always love your pics. And your studio is way too clean!

Candi said...

Love your blocks Gerry!!:) Come see my new Etsy:)
Lots of HUGZ:)
Candi

Sara said...

The swap block is too cute! It is perfect and the recipe doesn't look too bad either :)

I've had friends who have used the press and seal stuff and of course I ran out and bought a huge box of it...still haven't used it for anything. But, the little chicken is adorable.

Love the block with the flowers...how cool is that...I think it is so feminine...

Nice work space!!!!

And the pin cushion and quilter's tranqulizers are great...

gocrazywithme said...

Gerry, the chicken tortilla soup block looks delicious! I'll be watching for it.
Janet

Judy S. said...

Oh my gosh, I'm going to have to take some of those tranquilizers to our next quilt group meeting! Thanks for sharing them.

I love your chicken tortilla soup block, the way you've combined the fabrics and especially your chicken. The recipe looks yummy, too.

Happy needling to you also!

Gerry said...

Howdy, howdy, Ladies!!! The recipe is so easy and the soup is so yummy. But please, take the tranquilizers afterward. LOL.

Lori said...

I love your chicken block and the recipe card came out so great! Looking forward to this Food Theme Swap!
and Mary's block is so feminine! I know you will do a fantastic job on it!

allie aller said...

What a fun idea for a series of blocks...food! I love themed crazy quilting the best of any kind.
Thanks for leaving your comment on my blog. That embellisher is pretty darn fun....

Beth said...

Hi Gerry,
I just LOVE how BEAUTIFUL your blog looks!!! I Love the colors in it. And your quilt blocks are awesome! What a great seamtress you are. I am so glad you stopped by my blog so I could visit yours. I will be stopping in alot more now. The soup looks delicous. It would be good here tonight as we are getting a nice snowfall tonight. I hope my deer family stops by tomorrow for there dinner.
Have a great night!!!
xoxoxoxooxox

Cat said...

The food block is great! I think I will try your recipe!!

All your blocks are great! You Have been busy.

Smiles, Cat

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerry,What a nice pincushion you have made.And the food block is very nice.
i know that you will finish the springblock very nice for your partner.

Anonymous said...

A lovely post! I do not know what I like most!

Rengin Yazitas said...

Hi Gerry,
I enjoy reading your blog and to see your beautiful work.
I have been tagged to share 7 ramdom things about myself and then pass the tag on to 7 other people. If you will play I'm passing it on to you. Check my blog for the rules.
Best wishes from Istanbul,
Rengin

Gerry said...

My goodness, I'm flattered that so many of you have taken the time to chime in.

The soup is a REAL recipe so it's safe to try it. Maybe you will enjoy it as much as I do.

I've enjoyed visiting your blogs too. Thanks for the ideas and inspirations!

JK said...

Hi hon! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello and all your really great posts!

I love those carrots on your block!! HA! What a great idea for a seam treatment! That block is so cute!! I love that chicken in the pot on your card! Was that an actual graphic you had in your program?

It was me that was asking about your studio and I have to say I am jealous! WOW! What a fantastic room to work in.

Hows the flow of traffic for the house? I tell you right now it is a buyer's market vs a sellers, but I am sure the right person will come along..

Have you heard from Charlene at all? Is she okay?

Frederique said...

Waow, how busy you are!
I love your crazy block with these tiny carots, and other cute things!
The Spring block also is gorgeous.

You said your sewing space is not really like that everyday? ;-))

Have a good day,
kises from the Marquesas Islands

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

I don't know if it's just me, but I can hardly read your blog. The lack of contrast between the words and background make my eyes go buggy. I will try again soon to return and see if I can read it more successfully then.

Gerry said...

Hello JK, Frederique, and Carol. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by.

Jk, the carrots were fun, if not challenging. LOL. I love the space I have to work in. But the more space I have the more stuff I collect. Where does it end?????

How are the Marquesas Islands? I so envy your life style, Frederique! I wish you well.

Carol, I'm sorry you're having difficulting reading my blog. It might be that it's just so different. I hope you come to visit again.