06 March 2008

An Adventurous Day

Yesterday Fritz went running up to this bird. It was just outside of the fence. I expected it to fly off but it didn't. In fact, it stood very close to the fence and just taunted my poor little doggy. After Fritz started barking at it, it moved even closer to him.



I swear, I thought this bird had a death wish. DH and I stood there watching this with amazement. The bird managed to stay just out of Fritz's reach.



I finally opened the gate and walked toward the bird. It didn't flinch. This photo is truly how close I got to it.



We finally got so tired of listening to Fritz bark and whine that we just brought him back into the house. The bird came through the fence and just hung out in the yard for awhile. Needless to say, Fritz went nuts!

When the bird finally left, we let Fritz out again and he finds a lizard in the process of shedding/molting (whatever). The lizard doesn't run away. Fritz smacks him on the head a couple of times and I end up putting the lizard up on the house to save its life.



The final straw for the day was when Fritz went after a couple of squirrels. And he darn near caught one of them by the tail. So, that was it for us. Too many close calls for one afternoon.

Before I took him in I asked him, "what were ya gonna do if you caught it, Bud?"



What do you think?





Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!



7 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I just love the licking the lips picture!!

Gerry said...

ROFL. Fritz had the time of his life that day!

Cat said...

This is so funny. What a day for Fritz. He is just so cute - one ear up one ear down, is that the normal??? Annie is like that!

I think he found a lonely bird who wanted a friend!

Annie got a cold dip in the ditch out back today - came out wiggly and excited!

Cat said...

This is so funny! Fritz found a lonely bird that needed a friend! He is so cute with his one ear up and one ear down. Annie's ears are like that too!

She took a cold dip in the ditch out back today and came out wigglin and running.

Off to read your last post, I see a wreck.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Nature and animal life is just so amazing, isn't it? There is a tiny lizard/chameleon who visits with me in my break spot at work. One day last year he shed his skin and ATE it as I watched. He also showed me his red, triangular 'thing' under his chin that I later read is a part of his mating call. Hey, at least someone is attracted ;-). Love 'licking the lips' shot! Give Fritz a hug for me!!

Lynn said...

LOL, What a character..I love the little link ...LOL..got love those fur babies..

Gerry said...

Charlene, we get those kinds of lizards here too. They are very cool when they puff up the red throat 'thing'.

Be sure to give your furbabies a cuddle from me!