23 April 2008

CQI FFT RR - Karen's block

Good grief, how is that for a mouth full of acronyms? Here's what it means:

Crazy Quilting International (CQI), Fabulous First Timer's (FFT) Round Robin (RR). This round robin is sort of a 'establish yourself' round robin. After our obligation is met, we will be eligible to fully participate in other group RR's, swaps, etc.

This might sound restrictive to some people but if you've ever been involved in one of these group activities and had someone drop the ball, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Especially, if it was your lovely block or project that took a year to make it back. Or worse, came up missing and was never returned.

Anyway, this is the first block in the rotation that I will be working on. The block is made by Karen South. It's a truly lovely block and BIG!!! My goodness, it took me by surprise when I opened the envelope. I usually stick with an 8 1/2 block, even for RR's, so I guess I naturally expect to receive blocks of similar size. I do like that it offers great opportunity for seam treatments, embellishments, etc. I think it will be fun!



***JUST A NOTE TO APOLOGIZE TO KAREN FOR GIVING THE IMPRESSION THAT HER BLOCK WAS TOO BIG. IT'S NOT! IT'S A FANTASTIC BLOCK. NOW, LET ME TRY TO GET MY FOOT OUT OF MY MOUTH WITHOUT GETTING HURT. LOL***

Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!



4 comments:

Jo in NZ said...

Wow what fabulous colours in Karens block!
You are a doll for being so understanding about why we have the FFT....
Can't wait to see what you do with this block.
XX

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

How big is this block???

Lori said...

I love the look of Karen S's block! its so pretty in pink!
Lori

Gerry said...

Jo, it's so good to see you stop by! I've been on the down side of an RR gone wrong. LOL.

Carole, the block is approx. 12"x14".

Lori, the photo isn't entirely accurate. The blocks leans much more to the purple. Which of course I LOVE!!!!!