24 April 2008

STS-Spring (My Block)

Have you ever had one of those, "I'm such an idiot" days? Well, I'm having mine right now. I decided that I should try to do something semi-productive so I was going to choose the fabrics for my STS-Summer block.

I want to try and maintain some similarity in my blocks so I grabbed my Fall and Winter blocks and started trying to find a photo of my Spring block. My partner is finishing up her work on it and I don't have it back yet. Anyway.....My first thought is my blog. But it's not there. I can hardly believe it. I must have misnamed the topic, so I search - again, and again, and again. It's not there.

Now I'm sitting here wondering how I could have overlooked posting it. DUH!!!!!

So, here it is (taadaa!)

This of course, is the naked block (on point as are the others). This one has a border around it that the others don't. That's because I screwed up and trimmed it to small. Luckily, I will be able to add a similar border to the other blocks and in the end they'll all look like they were meant to be that way!



The dragonfly is a piece of a print I cut out of another fabric. I stitched it down, then trimmed off the excess.



This is the half worked block with close-ups below.



I'm pretty happy with the way the dragonfly turned out. I had my doubts at times. I used metallic threads of blue and purple but I just couldn't get a sparkle in the photo.



The heart shape on the French Knot cluster was purely luck. I just started adding them, filling it in and when I was done if was a perfect heart!



I really like the button vase and stems but I just might add some flower buds or pods to them when I get the block back. Then again, maybe not. It just looks unfinished to me right now.



These other seam treatments are a combination of things I've seen in my books, on other blogs, and the product of an afternoon of doodling. I'm happy with the way it turned out....I like it a lot!



Okay, I feel better now that that's done. Now I'm off to find fabrics for my STS-Summer block.

Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!



3 comments:

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Wow, what a transformation. Who would of known???

Judy S. said...

Love the French knot heart! And the rest of the block, too. Thanks for the detailed photos!

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

You've been tagged!!!