25 April 2008

STS-Summer

This is what I'm calling my naked block for the Season to Season block share that I've been hostessing over at CQN. We are just starting our last season - Summer.

I forgot to take a photo of it before I added the lace/trim.



I chose this fabric for my focus not only because it's cute but it really fit the theme perfectly. After all....these are Summer things, right???? Boating, camping, fishing, family vacations....



It looks like we're going to have a great turn out for this last Season. But I won't have a total for a couple more weeks.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a nice weekend!

Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!



8 comments:

Courtney Short said...

oh I like your block!! It is summery.. reminds me of the 60's when it was popular for family's to go to cabins to camp for their vacation.. instead of Daytona or Jamaica type vacations.. how cool.. like the colors too..

Anonymous said...

Gerry,what a nice summerblock.I hope to make mines this week.

Unknown said...

I love you summer block! Very cute.

Maddie Can Fly said...

As always, I love your block and fabric choices. I didn't join Summer -- only did Spring. I've done several spring swaps so just wanted to add to my spring collection. Maybe someday I'll actually get something put together (LOL)

Jane said...

Love this block Gerry!! Looks just like summer to me... Can't wait to see what your partner does to it!

SympleTymes Cloth Art By Sherrie Nordgren said...

Hi erry! I Love your Summer Block, It sure says summer to me. I love you cq blocks not just for their beauty, But becase as a green newbie here I can really see like I was hold your block,I'm such a visual person this means a lot to me being able to see your blocksto under stand.Hope this makes sense.
I love your fabric choices
Hugs Sherrie

SympleTymes Cloth Art By Sherrie Nordgren said...

I forgot to ask you where did you find the find the fabric for your center for your summer block? I just love it! Sherrie

Gerry said...

Oh my, I'm flattered by so many nice comments. Using this fabric was a blast from the past for me, too. Oh those were the days....

I got the fabric at Hobby Lobby on the clearance rack. And yes - I bought the bolt! LOL.