05 May 2008

Equal BUT Not Equal???

I don't normally post such contraversial topics to my blog (see Snoops link below) but when I received this email today, I took pause and gave it some thought. And the conclusion I reached is that there has been so much distinction made for so long, and so much effort put into trying to be 'fair' and 'even' and 'equal' that (maybe) the scales really have been tipped to reflect the opposite of what was originally intended. I guess that conclusion might also depend on which side of the fence you're viewing from.

I know that I have personally questioned the "how come?" of many of these statements at one time or another in my life. And while some I find laughable, others I find disturbing. But in the end, I find it a shame that we have come to where we are with respect to race and continued separation of peoples. And also regarding Freedom of Speech.

Finally, I checked the source of this document on Snoops, and according to their research it DID NOT originate from Michael Richards (Kramer) of Seinfeld. And I don't know if the author is so important as is the message it conveys about the unsettling divide that we have in this great country that we call HOME.

DISCLAIMER: Because I too must admit that I fear the fall out and possible retaliaton of daring to post such a piece to my blog, that you will have to click on the Snoops link yourself to read it. You take the responsibility for your actions. I don't need to get sued over this or live in fear because I offended someone who can't be objective.

P.S. I AM DISABLING COMMENTS FOR THIS POST. I DIDN'T POST IT FOR THAT REASON. I FEEL STRONGLY ABOUT THIS SUBJECT AND I JUST WANTED TO SHARE IT.



Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!