14 August 2008

Checking In

Gosh, this unpacking and cleaning stuff is for the birds! I swear that these boxes reappear each night after I go to bed. LOL.

I've been so caught up in trying to get settled in that I completely spaced off the fact that yesterday was my 2 year BlogAversary and National Left Hander's Day.

I've been receiving blocks regularly for the STS-Summer block share and hope to have them all received and ready to send home by the first of the week.

I also have a FFT RR block to work on. The last block in this round robin - WOW - has this gone by fast! It seems like we just started. Anyway, I'm going to sit down, relax, and work on the block over the weekend.

Well, I guess that's it for now. The dryer is beeping at me and there is SOOOOOOO much left to do.

BTW, I love it here. DH and I have ventured out more in the past 2 weeks of being here than we did in the last year we were in Texas. The mornings are cool and bright and a wonderful way to enjoy coffee on the deck. The evenings are a little crisp but really nice for walking Fritz before bedtime.

Okay......I'm outta here!


Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!



7 comments:

Judy S. said...

Glad to hear you're getting settled, Gerry. Where in CO are you located? It's a beautiful state! That's where I started my teaching career and best of all, where I met my DH!

Lori said...

So glad to hear you like your new place! and a little cool in the evenings isn't bad for walking either! Soon, those boxes will be gone, don't do what I did and store them for later! they are still in my attic! don't even know whats in them anymore!
Hugs
Lori

Maddie Can Fly said...

Good to see you back -- that packing and unpacking has just gone on too long -- we've missed you!

Anonymous said...

Good luck for your new place!
Happy anniversary for your blog!
My blog is also 2 years old.
Kisses
Yona

Cat said...

Mountains just do wonders for the attitude! I'm happy for you.

Now... quit that unpacking stuff... you make me look bad. When we moved I only unpacked what I needed WHEN I needed it. I still have stacks and stacks of bins in the garage and in one basement room. Every once in a while I go on an item hunt thru the bins... it took over a year to find the binoculars.

Smiles, C

Gerry said...

LOL. I've been on a binocular search myself. But I found them. And yes, the mountains are the perfect attitude adjuster :-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are very happy in your new home and location. You like the cold and snow more than the hot, right? Hope those piles of boxes are decreasing to nothing!