28 October 2008

Checking In

I just don't know where time goes to lately. One day just seems to run in to the next. Too bad that I'm not getting anything substantial accomplished. Oh well......

I'm not doing any needlework lately. Partly because I just don't have the motivation, and partly because I have too many other irons in the fire. I would like to share some photos with you, though.

These are trees around our house and the at the neighbor's. It's been sooooo long since I've seen trees change with the season. Aren't they just beautiful?



Sadly, I didn't take any photos while DH and I were in Utah recently. I carried the camera with me everywhere but... Still and any rate, it was a nice relaxing trip. We had hoped to visit with our DS but...

Okay, on a lighter note. I have pretty much finished up with my Halloween decor outside. Every year I complain that I didn't get around to making a "crashing witch" and settle for next year. Well, this year I made my witch. She ended up being near life size but it was fun and easy.

I took an old sheet, a long sleeved shirt, some leggins, and a racket ball paddle and cut out the pattern. Next I sewed it up, stuffed it with some of the clean newsprint from our packing supplies and put it together. Finally, I cut out the nose and chin, stuffed and attached them, painted the face with model paints and dressed her with extra clothes and old costume pieces. I even let her have my favorite pair of shoes that I don't wear anymore. Her eyes are 2 halves of an eyeball tea light candle.









The other ghoul is made from bits and pieces of things around the house. Including a tall candle holder (neck), small basket ball (head), a table leaf box (body) and costume pieces. Aren't they a handsome family?

Tonight we carve pumpkins, get the rest of the decorations out, tweak the lighting and we are ready for trick or treaters.

I also had a birthday recently. I'm 48 now! Good grief. LOL. DH asked me what I wanted for my birthday and what I really wanted was to start our remodeling. So, this was the first step. We have a long, long way to go - but - it's a start!



I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can sand down the cabinets and restain them. Since we have a Mediterranean style home, we are naturally going with Mediterranean style decor, that's more on the Tuscan side. I'm sure it's going to be a long and drawn out process but I'll post photos as it progresses. I said I wanted an HGTV project and I certainly got it. LOL.

Well, Fritz is waiting to play and I need to finish the laundry. If I don't get back before then...........Happy Halloween to all.



Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gerry, awesome Halloween decorations. The witch is go-a-jus!!! Debbie (Maine)

Judy S. said...

That is one scary witch, Gerry! It looks like you are adapting well to life in CO. Aren't the yellow aspens beautiful? BTW, if you've not seen Wicked, I think you'd like it....

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Love the witch and do keep us posted with before and after pictures of the renovation.

Cathie said...

Gerry - what ab sew lutely amazing Halloween characters. So creative and full of "spirit!"
Love them - you did a great job.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

It was worth the wait, wasn't it? She is ab so lutely gorgeous, da'link. He ain't so shabby, either! Now, will you dress up to hand out the goods?

Good luck with your projects - they can take all your time! Keep us posted.

Gerry said...

ROFL! What a clever bunch you are. I love you all.

Thanks for confirming that at 48, it's still okay to play with dolls. LOL.

Happy Halloweeing!!!!!!!!

Lauri said...

Gerry
Love the decorations! I will have to get a pic of mine up on the blog.
I am so sorry I missed your bday. Belated Congrats and hopefully the next year will be even better for you than the last.
BTW I am still working on the giftie I am making for you. But I am doing a craft show with Janet and promised that first. So if all goes well look for it around Christmas time
Later
Lauri