12 January 2009

Fabric Swap - Follow Up



Katy emailed me with my partner's name, now all I have to do is decide what to send. The 'requirements' are that each participant send:
2 fat quarters of high quality cotton quilting/sewing fabric;
A treat - something little like a bit of ribbon, or some thread, or buttons (nothing big and fancy, just a little token of kindness);
Wrap it up all pretty; and
Write a note to send with it (because notes make things extra nice, I think).

Katy also tells us not to send that nasty bit of ugly fabric even the moths won't touch, send the good stuff. I chuckled at this because I have been the recipient of that fabric. Luckily, I believe that all fabric has some value and use. LOL.

My partner is Maxine in Essex, which Wikipedia tells me is a historic county in the East of England.

What would Maxine like? Well, this is what she wrote: "Well, I love vintage/ retro prints and bold patterns ( Heather Bailey/Amy Butler-esque! ) I do like pink, but stay away from greens, browns, purples and beiges. But to be honest, I’m not that fussy!" I think I need to pop over to her blog to see what else she might like.

I'm also hoping that Mindy will take me up on my offer to swap privately. She rushed right over to Katy's blog to sign up but Katy had to close sign-ups early because she had such an over-whelming number of 'takers' for the swap. That's very cool all by itself but.....

I guess I should get downstairs and find some goodies to send. They aren't actually "DUE" until Valentine's Day but I do hate to wait until the last minute!



Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!


4 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I think it is so cool that she had so many that she had to close it!!

Gerry said...

Isn't that what everybody hopes for when they organize something like this? I'll keep you posted.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great swap, something sort of stress free to do. Lucky to get someone in another country, too, spread a little world friendship around. =)

Gerry said...

Stress free??? I'm all for that! It's nice to hear from you.