26 January 2009

Round Robins

Finally! I got my booklets finished today. I swear, I think it took longer to put the booklets together than it did the blocks. LOL.

I also got my second block finished and ready to go. Hopefully, I can get both of my blocks for these Round Robins out in the mail tomorrow.

So.....here they are.

First - The Booklets.
I almost alway use PrintMaster to make my book covers, cards, etc. I just love the program. Anyway, I printed the center pieces on card stock, cut them down, and backed them with a different color card stock. Then after gluing the cover pieces in place I attached craft ribbon around the border and covered it with Klear-Cover document protector. I then assembled the booklets and tied them together with more craft ribbon. I'm happy with the way both of the books turned out.


Here are a couple of photos of my finished blocks. For as shiny as the fabrics are it was a bit of work to get the photos to reflect that.

Spiders and Webs II block: I trimmed out the border of the block with a purple cording as well as running up into the corners. I just love the border fabric. It's really shiny and sort of stretchy but very dense and fairly sturdy.


Hearts II block: I decided not to add anything else to this block but I did want to repost a better photo.


Okay, off to the next project. Be back later!



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gerry, WOW! Gorgeous blocks, and the booklets are to die for. What a nice keepsake those will be. I can"t even begin to get that fancy with mine. Awesome job! Debbie (Maine)
campmoxie@yahoo.com.au

Judy S. said...

Hi Gerry,
Even though I'm not overly crazy about spiders, I think your spider block is just great! The heart is very nice, too.

Gerry said...

Thank you, thank you, Debbie. The booklets were fun (in retrospect). I'm also practicing for my venture into Altered Art. LOL.

Thanks, Judy. This was such a fun block to put together. The heart block was much more difficult, although I don’t really know why? State of mind, maybe!

Ati said...

Gerry, both blocks and books look great! I am so happy to see you are stitching again :)

Gerry said...

Thank you, Ati. It's fun to be stitching again!

Marianne S-M said...

Gerry gorgeous blocks and books, your work is excellent! Thanks fo sharing Marianne in NJ

Cat said...

Great blocks!!!

Love the dynamic colors in the spider one!

Gerry said...

Hi Marianne,
Thanks so much for popping in to visit and for commenting. I really had fun with these blocks. I can hardly wait to get them back.

I thought you'd like that one,Cat. I'm glad to be able to use the fabric.

Christy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Gerry! I'm patiently waiting to hear from my insurance co. Believe me, I'm not gonna take this lying down!

I love your blocks, the spider block rocks! Too cool!

I also love your new layout, I almost touched the screen to see if the striped ribbon was real! It looks great!

Have a great day!

Gerry said...

Wonderful to see you, Christy!