To my little corner of the world where there is no limit to creativity. Where possibilities are endless. Where life happens and is embraced. And where a sense of humor is a must!

Sewing Southpaw...

Is the place where I share my creativity, my hobbies, and other stuff!


PET STORE PUPPIES AND INTERNET PUPPIES ARE PUPPY MILL PUPPIES.

NEVER BUY A PUPPY FROM A PET STORE OR FROM THE INTERNET...

STOP THE CRUELTY. DON'T SHOP - ADOPT!




NMDR Website

Colorado Miniature Schnauzer Rescue

Miniature Schnauzer Vintage Dog Rescue




Translators:
OR:



This is my son - all grown up.
I'm so very proud of him!
But I wish he would call
just a little more often :-)
Hugs, Mom

Fritz Von Woofshmidt
01/10/2000 - 01/04/2014



Fritz (aka Boo)
The very bestest doggy ever!


Visit My Shoppes

SSCandQ
  • Etsy
  • Ebay
  • PayPal
  • Email Me


  • Eye Candy Links
    My Photos At

    flickr

    www.flickr.com
    Hookstragang's My Own Creations photosetHookstragang's My Own Creations photoset






    In Loving Memory of
    Bella Donna


    In the short time that we had together your unconditional love filled our lives with happiness, and our hearts with joy.

    Your passing leaves us forever changed.

    Rest in peace my sweet, darling, little girl.

    July 5, 2006
    to
    October 19, 2007


    Legal Guide
    For Bloggers

    Free Web Site Graphics:



    Leather To Lace




    for visiting my blog





    Powered by Blogger

     





    “The most potent muse of all is our own inner child.”
    Stephen Nachmanovitch

    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States



    I'm a wife, a mom, a dog lover, a complete lefty, a true scorpio, and I'm on a creative journey. I welcome you to join me.



    Sewing Southpaw...

    Is the place where I share my creativity, my hobbies, and other stuff!


    18 January 2009

    Spiders and Webs II RR

    These are photos of the block I pieced for the Spiders and Webs II Round Robin that I'm participating in for CQI. This block is 14" square and will also have an outside border when it's finished.

    I'm still trying to decide what laces and/or motifs to add to it before it goes out. I've pulled out some black lace to attach around the spider but that's as far as I've gotten with it.



    I'm so glad that I've finally gotten an opportunity to use this fabric. When I first got it I just loved it but couldn't for the life of me figure out when I would have a use for it.



    I'm not sure if I'll attach it before the block goes out or not. What do you think? Well, I'm off to tinker with it and to work on my RR booklets.

    Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!


    Labels: , , , , ,

    4 Comments:

    Blogger Judy S. said...

    Hi Gerry, I like the roses background! Is that spider web fabric kind of sparkly and sheer? A similar piece appeared at our quilt group and someone snatched it up! That's a fun block, and very realistic spidey. Eek!

    January 18, 2009 at 3:17 PM  
    Blogger Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

    I think that you are just too damned talented!

    January 18, 2009 at 4:28 PM  
    OpenID cq4fun said...

    I love how even the piecing seems to be a spiderweb. I'd put the border on now because it might help guide some color choices with the stitchers.

    January 19, 2009 at 12:01 PM  
    Blogger Gerry said...

    Hi Ladies! Thanks for your kind words. This is the very first block EVER that I have actually drawn out before piecing it.

    Judy, the fabric is really shiny but is dense and stretchy.

    Oh Mindy, you make my day!

    Susan, thanks for pointing out the 'web' look. I guess I just got lucky.

    January 19, 2009 at 4:44 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home