15 June 2009

Home on the Front Range

Not that there has been a lot going on around here lately, but I thought I would share a few posts with you today.

Here is our neighborhood fox out sun bathing. We have seen him/her out more and more lately. Usually carrying a meal back to the family. There is a mating pair and three kits. I couldn't find my camera the other day while they were all out playing on the green. Too bad...the kits are so cute!

The golfers in the last photo patiently wait for the fox to move on before teeing off.



Yesterday we also got a peak at one of the baby doves in our pine tree. We worried that there might not be any babies this year because we kept seeing broken shells in the yard. As you can see, mom and dad are never far away.



I don't know if you watch the weather or not but we've been having some really nasty storms lately. Tornado warnings seem to be a daily occurrence. One actually touched down in Firestone, which is only about 10 miles from us. Pretty spooky!!!! And look at the weird stuff the clouds do.



Then it clears and we get this.



Today it's clear and sunny. We're on average with rain fall. The trees and bushes are blooming, and the roses are starting to open up. So for now, we'll be saying so long to the colder weather and hello to the 80's. But I have to be honest, since moving here in August, 2008, there really is no such thing as a bad had here - along the Front Range.


Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!


2 comments:

Cat said...

Wonderful pictures... and even more wonderful because I have seen with my own eyes your beautiful surroundings!

Your thunder clouds are great!

Gerry said...

I do like it hear. I truly found the Houston area to be too crowded, dirty, and 'everybody first after me' oriented.

I miss Utah (some times) because it's so pretty. I can't do the "mind set" there, though.