01 August 2009

400th Blog Post and More....

While here deleting another post, a bad, bad post, hasty and without proper research, (thank you, Cathy) I noticed that I had managed to reach 400 blog posts. What a surprise when I don't seem to get here very often anymore. But then again, I am nearing 3 years of having this blog. I was obviously much more 'active' in the past. I remember when I opened my account on August 13th, which is National Left-handers' Day, in 2006. Totally a perfect coincidence.

I was so absolutely intimidated by the idea of blogging. I was also very frustrated because I just didn't know where to begin. I wanted so much to have one of those beautiful blogs that I saw every where during my surfing. Well, it was through that surfing that I learned the basics of blogging, editing html code, using PhotoShop, etc. A truly great learning experience and fun, fun, fun (mostly) at the same time.

That's also about the time frame when I was introduced to crazy quilting, Yahoo Groups, etc. Looking back that time seems so long ago. Maybe because so much has happened since then. Much loss and sadness, but also much joy and much renewed hope.


Now the "More" part....

Today is also our 1 year anniversary of closing on our Colorado home and embarking on our Empty-Nester's Journey. Now that was a quick year! And yet, in just one short year the house we bought, that I hated, that I even sat in the car crying because we bought it now hold such warmth and comfort. I can't imagine living anywhere else. I truly feel like I am home. Maybe for the first time in my life - truly home. I attribute most of those feelings to the GUT JOB that we did at the first of the year.

DH and I also celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary (in July). We spent a very relaxing, long weekend in Steamboat Springs. The time away, and time together was more needed than either of us originally realized. We took Fritz with us, so we were somewhat limited in where we could go but we didn't mind at all. I much prefer to have him with me than to worry about him in boarding.

I have also decided to stop ignoring, and resisting what I believe is a direction in my life that I have (for as long as I can remember) felt pulled toward. This is a personal, and relatively private journey that I take but just accepting my path has brought me a great deal of peace of mind.

Wow, this is turning out to be a really 'happening time' of year. LOL.

Before I close, I would like to acknowledge an award that I received from my dear, dear friend, Charlene WAY BACK ON July 18th. I feel just terrible for being so remiss in responding. And I might as well apologize right now for not passing it on to seven other bloggers. I just haven't been doing much reading or visiting lately. Hopefully, I will kick in gear before too long and then I will be able to earnestly pass it on.



Thanks for thinking of me, Charlene.

I also thought it would be fun to share this with you. I don't know how many of you play Cribbage but DH and I find it both fun and challenging. As in - we both WANT TO WIN. LOL. This game was the closest game either one of us has EVER had. There was only 1 peg separating the winner from the looser.

The top deck card:



His hand:



He counts his points - OOOOOOHHHHH he counts, he's finished. And just one peg away.

Next it's my hand, my crib. (I count last):



Close but no cigar....I'm in by only 1 peg! VICTORY!!!!!!



Needless to say, we didn't play another game. LOL.

Well, we're outta here. We're going to dinner to celebrate our 1 year anniversary in our home. Since I didn't cook that night, I guess we've started a tradition (of sorts).

I'll be back tomorrow to post a photo of my STS-Summer (2009) partner's block. Until then, have a good one. Good night and............

Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!


10 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your 400th blog post and your award! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on all your achievements, one year anniversary in your house and belated happy anniversary to you and your hubby! I hope you have a grand time out.

I love cribbage by the way. When I was very young my mom and dad had a set. I wanted to know what the game was it was unique and had pegs, I was not allowed to touch it as a child ( because kids are so great at losing pieces). My teen years were hard and then I found myself married and having my first child. Then a couple of years after that we noticed it in a store. I had to have it and I have loved plying it ever since. And boy was yours the closest games I have seen:)

Thanks for sharing your journey with us and your gorgeous blog!!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Congratulations on all your special anniversaries! Time just flies, doesn't it? Good to hear that you've decided to follow your path, whatever that may be - peace and contentment ARE the joys of life! Love ya, GirlFriend.

Lauri said...

Hi Gerry
I am glad everything is going great for you. It is so nice when you can take a break and everything in your life goes right.

I did read your other post and I found what you said to be completely true. Don't let someone else talk you out of what you feel strongly about. And don't let anyone talk you into drinking the koolaid you know is poison.Being a meek following sheep is not what it means to be an American. If that is how you felt, you should have left up your old post.
Sorry if I make you upset
Just how I feel
Lauri

Nancy said...

Lovely post, anniversaries are good, finding and taking the right path is good, Blessings :)

Cathy said...

Gerry, first of all, you DO have a lovely blog!! And maybe we can play cribbage at the retreat in September. Hmmm.... cribbage or crazy quilting? Well, maybe not, LOL. Congrats on your 400 posts. That's a real milestone, and I'm doubly impressed because you are often brave enough to put your thoughts and feelings out there to share. I'm a big fan!! With hugs, Cathy

Skye said...

Hi Gerry, Just love your blog..I read it frequently...It sounds like you found "peace"..I'm glad for you...We all have journeys to travel..Some of the roads can certainly be bumpy and nothing the way we planned, while others are a breeze like a loney freeway..But no matter where our travels take us, know we can get through anything with family and friends who care..I'm glad you're home! hugs, Skye

Cat said...

Congrats on 400 posts! And almost 3 years blogging. I had no idea you were that new to crazy quilting as you do such beautiful work!

Happy belated aniversary to you and Gene!

And 1 year in your wonderful home! You sound GOOD. I'm glad!

I am just back from a whirlwind week in Portland for a nephews wedding. Back to work today...

Talk to you later, Love, C

Gerry said...

Thank you all. I appreciate you taking the time to visit. Also, thank you for your kind words and well-wishes.

Yona said...

Congratulations on yours anniversaries: your blog and also for your couple.
By the way, I like the latest look of your blog.
A good summer!
Kisses
Yona