02 September 2009

Fun Fabrics and Stuff

I just had to share a couple of novelty fabrics that I bought recently. I only have these two handy because I have stashed the others away already. LOL.

This one I thought would be cute for a crazy quilt project. I must have been in a very 'woman-tude' mood when I bought these because I thought they were just darling. My favorite is in the second column, second down:
I DON'T HAVE HOT FLASHES... I HAVE SHORT PRIVATE VACATIONS IN TROPICAL-LIKE CONDITIONS! I'm going to use that one. LOL.

(Click on the image to enlarge)



Each lady is in a 2-3/4" by 3" box with plenty of surrounding fabric to make a perfect little motif with.



I'm entertaining the thought of putting something together for a swap. I don't know if I can commit the time, though.

This fabric I bought to make some art for my hubby's office. Maybe a large frame with the fabric squares stretched or attached to small canvas blocks, or frames, or trim pieces, and matted with a fabric border/background. We'll see what I can come up with. These pieces are 5" by 4-1/2", also with a wide enough border between them to create a nice look.



I also wanted to share yesterday's sunrise with you. Not that it isn't beautiful every morning but yesterday it was especially RED/ORANGE. And that light entering the house made the walls, carpet, curtains, everything look red/orange. Sadly, I believe that's because of the fires in California and Utah.



Speaking of curtains.....here is a really bad photo of the curtains I finally finished in the family room. I'm replicating the curtains that I made in Texas. At least in the second (Texas) photo you can see them. Well, that's one window down, about a gazillion to go. LOL.



Lastly, I wanted to put in a little update in here to mention that the 2nd Annual Colorado Crazy Quilt Retreat is coming up on September 24th - 28th. This year it will be in beautiful Breckenridge, Colorado. Leslie has done a wonderful job in getting this organized for us (again this year). She found a darling cabin home to rent, with plenty of space to eat, stitch, and play. This year there will be approximately 18 of us - WOW!!! Some locals, some driving from not too far away, and lots who are flying in from all over. It promises to be a great time with plenty of activities/outings, great food and good company.

Oh my, look at the time. Well, better get back to curtains and pop dinner in the oven!


Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!


4 comments:

FredaB said...

Hi Gerry

I really like your window treatment. Soft and airy looking. When we moved into our present home 13 years ago they had very heavy valances and curtains on the bay window in the living room. I ripped them down meaning to replace them with just a valance. To date - zero.
I found that when I was in there I loved looking out at the view. We live in a wooded court and there are only 6 houses so have a lot of privacy.

The retreat sounds wonderful. I would like to come sometime. I will probably not be going to Omaha any more so this would be a nice change plus I do know some of the gals that go.

Have a great time.

Hugs

FredaB

Judy S. said...

That fabric is hysterical, Gerry! Thanks for visiting me; that rose is called Brandy and is from a tree rose in our yard. It's my favorite, well, one of them.

The Breckinridge retreat sounds fun...we're going to be nearby in NM but earlier in the month. BTW, I love your curtains; now that's an ambitious project!

Cathy said...

I love your valances, Gerry, and am really impressed! I've got to do one for our master bedroom which we just repainted/carpeted, etc. But I'm thinking simple..... after I spend a year searching for fabric, LOL. Cute fabrics!! See you in Breckenridge! Hugs, Cathy

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Wow - you're still busy! I like that you still have the great view with this treatment. I'm a misuse word junkie myself! Thanks for the links! Wishing I were closer for the retreat, even though I haven't touched CQ in a couple of years. Your fall block is beautiful, as always! Love ya!