02 September 2009

STS - Fall 2009

It's official, we just received notification that our STS Summer blocks are on their way home, which means that the Fall block deadlines will soon be announced. I wanted to get a jump on my block because lately I don't seem to know what's going to come up or be going on. That's a different story for another time.

In 2007 I was sort of prompted to host a swap (of some sort) and I wanted to do something different, so I put together a Season To Season (STS) block share. I had a wonderful time hostessing it, thankfully everyone was great at keeping their deadlines, sharing photos, ideas and techniques. It was a lot of busy work but it was so much fun!

I was really happy that it went so smoothly and that there was so much interest, for each season. The bonus was having all of those lovely blocks pass back and forth through my hands. But the best part (of course) was getting back so many beautiful blocks over the course of the year.

Anyway, Lesa, the co-owner of CQN is hostessing, organizing and tracking the project this time around. And yes, she does get to fondle all of those lovely blocks!

Here is my naked Fall block:



And my half worked block (or at least what I consider to be half worked):









Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!


3 comments:

Judy S. said...

Love your fall block, Gerry. Beautiful stitching and embellishing, especially the spider web.

Gerry said...

Thank you, thank you. My gosh - I need to go look around your blog. It's been so, so, so long! Here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maddie Can Fly said...

Love the green on the left side of the central motif and the oriental looking blossom below it. See, not Halloweeney at all!