20 August 2010

Horse Quilt Progress

Today I got one of the pillowcases made for Mat's horse quilt bed set. The quilt top has been finished and is now over at Connie's to be quilted. I opted to have her add a cotton batting for me, too. I should have it back in about 3 weeks (maybe sooner). Then I can finish the border and we're good to go, in plenty of time for his birthday. BTW, he knows about the quilt.

I was so happy to find someone so close to home. And at such a reasonable price. I'm thinking that maybe, depending on how this job works out, that I might have her finish some of my 1920's - 1940's hand pieced quilt tops from my great grandmother, grandmother and mother-in-law. I would love to be able to use them instead of having them stored away.....what a waste!

And no, I didn't take any photos before I dropped it off. I don't know what I was thinking but I wasn't thinking about taking photos, obviously. You can see other photos on these posts: Here and Here.

Anyway, here's the pillowcase. I'm planning on using this rust colored piping/rope trim as part of the border on the quilt.



Tomorrow we're going to the Rocky Mountain Quilt Festival in Fort Collins (my bad!) Loveland, Colorado. Connie has a booth there, Sew Ready Creations, booth #505. Of course I'll pop in and say hello.

Well, got to go. It's time to start the weekend!!!! Have a good one.


Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!

Gerry

4 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

That is cool!

Judy S. said...

Love that trim and the pillowcase. Can't wait to see the finished quilt. Enjoy the quilt show!

Cat said...

I like the matching pillowcases, this all will be so awesome, I can't wait to see the finished quilt. What a great BD pres. You will have to tell me how he came about KNOWING!!! Cool.
Thinking of you often, and Gary asks about you guys often too. Hi to your sweetie and Hi to Fritz.
Have a good holiday weekend.
We are off to Minnesotta in a few hours. L/C

Gerry said...

Thanks, Mindy. I have fun (and frustration) with it. LOL

Judy, I will post the photos when I get the quilt back. I really like the trim too. Hope I have enough for the border of the quilt!

Cat, what/who is in MN? I guess now is a good time to go. I hear it gets cold there. Hope you have a great time.

As for Mat 'knowing' I mentioned it in Arizona. I didn't know if he would want it or not. He's probably forgotten by now, though. LOL.