06 September 2010

Ouch!



This might be one of the strangest things that's happened around here for a while.

You're looking at an impression on my patio door left by a dove that apparently flew into it during the night, or at least before I woke up. This is the best photo I could get with the sun reflecting off of the glass. With the naked eye you can see each layer of feathers, its eye and beak. Poor thing!

Never fear, I searched the yard high and low for an injured bird but found none.


Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!

Gerry

6 comments:

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

How amazing to think how many birds do that very same thing every day...ouch

Momma Bear said...

my mom took a picture of a squirrel imprint left in wet cement in front of her house (it's still there) the poor thing had apparently fallen out of the tree in front and landed spreadeagled in the cement! i wouldn't have believed her but the squirrel was still in the tree squawking at us and trying to clean cement out of it's fur! critters are fun!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I have seen that before on a window! It looks so cool but I feel so sorry for the bird!

Gerry said...

After reading your comments and thinking about it - I might let my glass get a little more dirty. LOL.

Mosaic Magpie said...

Brings to mind the hymn "On The Wings of a Snow White Dove".
Debbie

Cat said...

What an awesome picture Gerry. Without knowing the details it looks like an angel dove.

Of course in reality... poor thing is right!