16 May 2011

Basement Finish DONE!!!!

Done, done, done....on time and on budget~ At least with the contracted part of the job. And even though DH and I did the painting, there is still a little touch up to do, a bit of staining, grout to be sealed, and of course, sorting through boxes and getting stuff stored/restored.

Somehow I think that part won't be so bad. The garage has been put back in order and the cars are off the street. The main floor has been straightened up, and I'm getting a handle on the dust. Life is slowly returning to normal!

Here are a few photos of where we are presently. Just FYI and to help with orientation, the stairs are basically in "the center" of the space, leaving the rest open. Which means, we will be walking in a circle on our little tour today.

(see the BEFORE photos)

Okay....down the stairs (railing moved over, new carpet and curved step out)



a few steps and we're at the bar. (I still need to stain it the railing color)



turning to your right, we have the TV room/Lounge area (couch is ordered and should be in, in about a month)



turning right again, we are at the pool/game room area. Dart board is up (and works great!) Pool table has since arrived, and we are still looking for bar stools.



turning right again, we enter the hall with the bathroom on the left.



heading down the hall we arrive at the studio (East end). These are our old kitchen cabinets sanded, painted, and rehung with new Formica counter top.



turning right, still....this is the West end of the studio. This is where I'll set up my quilting frames.



and finally, turning right again, we walk down a short hall and are back at the bar.



Thanks so much for stopping by but I must run (dust cloth in hand)!


Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!

Gerry

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Gerry, it looks absolutely wonderful! You have great taste! I’ll be over for a drink when the furniture arrives, LOL! Seriously, please show us pictures then! And of course, we want to see how you set up your studio. See you in September! Hugs, Cathy

Judy S. said...

Looks terrific, Gerry. I've been wondering where you were and now I know. We're about to wrapup in our kitchen, but you beat us hands down. LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! What an amazing transformation! It looks so beautiful and I am so very happy for you.

Cat said...

Oh Gerry this is fantastic! What a beautiful bar area! Love the counter tops! And there is Fritz coming around the corner - more play area for him! My girls would love to chase him around all those right hand turns!
How exciting to have the studio area, and being downstairs it was be so nice and cool during the summer.
We've missed you guys! XO, Cat

Anonymous said...

I love your basement. I'm guessing everything is pretty settled down there and I'd love another peek with your quilt frames set up. =) And you know, fabric strewn around realistically.

Gerry said...

Oh my goodness - 5 comments left unanswered. So, so, sorry!

I do appreciate your kind words, and words of encouragement. I will respond to each of you in more detail at your blogs :-)