To my little corner of the world where there is no limit to creativity. Where possibilities are endless. Where life happens and is embraced. And where a sense of humor is a must!

Sewing Southpaw...

Is the place where I share my creativity, my hobbies, and other stuff!


PET STORE PUPPIES AND INTERNET PUPPIES ARE PUPPY MILL PUPPIES.

NEVER BUY A PUPPY FROM A PET STORE OR FROM THE INTERNET...

STOP THE CRUELTY. DON'T SHOP - ADOPT!




NMDR Website

Colorado Miniature Schnauzer Rescue

Miniature Schnauzer Vintage Dog Rescue




Translators:
OR:



This is my son - all grown up.
I'm so very proud of him!
But I wish he would call
just a little more often :-)
Hugs, Mom

Fritz Von Woofshmidt
01/10/2000 - 01/04/2014



Fritz (aka Boo)
The very bestest doggy ever!


Visit My Shoppes

SSCandQ
  • Etsy
  • Ebay
  • PayPal
  • Email Me


  • Eye Candy Links
    My Photos At

    flickr

    www.flickr.com
    Hookstragang's My Own Creations photosetHookstragang's My Own Creations photoset






    In Loving Memory of
    Bella Donna


    In the short time that we had together your unconditional love filled our lives with happiness, and our hearts with joy.

    Your passing leaves us forever changed.

    Rest in peace my sweet, darling, little girl.

    July 5, 2006
    to
    October 19, 2007


    Legal Guide
    For Bloggers

    Free Web Site Graphics:



    Leather To Lace




    for visiting my blog





    Powered by Blogger

     





    “The most potent muse of all is our own inner child.”
    Stephen Nachmanovitch

    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States



    I'm a wife, a mom, a dog lover, a complete lefty, a true scorpio, and I'm on a creative journey. I welcome you to join me.



    Sewing Southpaw...

    Is the place where I share my creativity, my hobbies, and other stuff!


    18 November 2011

    Christmas Tree Skirt

    Yesterday and today I began working on my Christmas Tree Skirt project. I made a pattern for the skirt triangles - 12 each at 29 1/4" long by 15 1/4" wide and scallops - 12 each at 7 1/2" long at the center (tapering off to a point on the sides) by 15 1/4" wide and got them all cut out. I'm still trying to decide which part(s) of the skirt I'm going to crazy quilt.

    The CQJP 2012 challenge requires each piece be at least 36 square inches, each month. For now I am leaning toward using the scallops. Not only would that be the easiest place to crazy quilt and attach at the end, I will end up with the 'pretties' and the weight on the outer edge. And since we typically pile presents under the tree (literally) I think I can minimize the wear and tear, and inevitable damage.

    That then frees up the lower portion of the triangles for the snow globes that I want to applique. The snow globes are also a free pattern offered by Sindy Rodenmayer. She asks not to post a link directly to the PDF files, so....at her site, click on Christmas Designs (left hand sidebar), then click on Snow Globes (upper right hand corner). And if you haven't visited her site, you should. She is beyond generous in offering free patterns.

    Each snow globe will contain one of the 12 Days of Christmas designs from Wright's Classroom. These designs are offered for gift tags but will be fairly easy to print out cotton fabric sheets and then embellish similar to what you see here.



    IF, IF, IF I can get ALL of this done, I will finish up by adding a ribbon type banner at the base of each snow globe that will read which Day they represent (i.e., "12 Drummers Drumming"), and a decorative piping between each of the triangles. And I will have a beautiful new tree skirt for Christmas 2012!

    TIP: Instead of printing reams of copies for patterns and tutorials, click print and save to PDF. That way you always have the link back to the site and a handy reference without waisting all that paper.

    I'll keep you updated on my progress with photos and hopefully, not too many dirty words. LOL.

    Well, that's it for now. Got to go trim Fritz's eye brows - YAY~


    Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!
    Gerry

    Labels: , , ,

    4 Comments:

    OpenID desertskyquilts said...

    It sounds like you have a great plan, Gerry. I'll check back now and then through the year to see how it's going. What colors are you using?

    November 19, 2011 at 10:30 PM  
    Blogger Judy S. said...

    What a great project, Gerry! Like you, I have notebooks full of patterns I've downloaded. Don't you need special software to save them as a PDF?

    November 22, 2011 at 6:00 PM  
    Blogger Gerry said...

    I look forward to hearing your comments and the year progresses.

    And yes Judy, you need to have a PDF writer but you can download it free online. Just Google for "CutePDF". It's free and easy to install.

    November 29, 2011 at 8:16 AM  
    Anonymous wilma said...

    What a great idea Gerry!

    December 1, 2011 at 9:47 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home