03 December 2011

Roses 3 RR - Rita

Happy Saturday everyone! I'm just popping in to post a photo of the work I did on Rita's block.

This was a beautiful block to work on, and I always enjoy being the first to work on a block. Naturally, I worked on the left hand side. I won't restate the obvious items but I will point out those which are a little difficult to see in the photo. (Click on photo to enlarge).


The silk ribbon rose trail has tiny white beads running throughout and rests atop the 'net' seam work I added in pink. Notice that all of the butterflies, dragonflies, and lady bug are staying far away from the spider.

I realize that the spider is black and not necessarily in keeping with the color scheme - but I believe that a little black is a must for every block. The spider web is nestled among and attached to a semi-circle of white silk roses and white beads. And the bead enhanced ribbon is being carried by two little bronze birds, which are meant to mimic the birds in the fabric on the upper right hand side of the block. Sorry, but I cropped that part out...OOOOPPPPSSSS!

And finally, the red and green seam treatment running top to bottom is just a series of straight stitches and french knots. I hope Rita likes what I have added to her block. Today I mail it off to Lorrie in Canada so that she can work her magic on it.

Well, I'm off to help DH with some more Christmas decorations. Have a great rest of the weekend.




Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!

Gerry

4 comments:

Judy S. said...

Hi Gerry! I always love looking at your beautiful CQ work! How's your tree skirt coming? That's a fun pattern.

Wendy said...

Hi Gerry, I love what you have done with Rita's block....and I like that you put the spider on also in black...

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Lovely stitching, as always! How could she notlove it?

Are you covered in snow yet?

Gerry said...

Thank you, Ladies. It's so good to see that you've been by to visit!