To my little corner of the world where there is no limit to creativity. Where possibilities are endless. Where life happens and is embraced. And where a sense of humor is a must!

Sewing Southpaw...

Is the place where I share my creativity, my hobbies, and other stuff!


PET STORE PUPPIES AND INTERNET PUPPIES ARE PUPPY MILL PUPPIES.

NEVER BUY A PUPPY FROM A PET STORE OR FROM THE INTERNET...

STOP THE CRUELTY. DON'T SHOP - ADOPT!




NMDR Website

Colorado Miniature Schnauzer Rescue

Miniature Schnauzer Vintage Dog Rescue




Translators:
OR:



This is my son - all grown up.
I'm so very proud of him!
But I wish he would call
just a little more often :-)
Hugs, Mom

Fritz Von Woofshmidt
01/10/2000 - 01/04/2014



Fritz (aka Boo)
The very bestest doggy ever!


Visit My Shoppes

SSCandQ
  • Etsy
  • Ebay
  • PayPal
  • Email Me


  • Eye Candy Links
    My Photos At

    flickr

    www.flickr.com
    Hookstragang's My Own Creations photosetHookstragang's My Own Creations photoset






    In Loving Memory of
    Bella Donna


    In the short time that we had together your unconditional love filled our lives with happiness, and our hearts with joy.

    Your passing leaves us forever changed.

    Rest in peace my sweet, darling, little girl.

    July 5, 2006
    to
    October 19, 2007


    Legal Guide
    For Bloggers

    Free Web Site Graphics:



    Leather To Lace




    for visiting my blog





    Powered by Blogger

     





    “The most potent muse of all is our own inner child.”
    Stephen Nachmanovitch

    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States



    I'm a wife, a mom, a dog lover, a complete lefty, a true scorpio, and I'm on a creative journey. I welcome you to join me.



    Sewing Southpaw...

    Is the place where I share my creativity, my hobbies, and other stuff!


    03 December 2011

    Roses 3 RR - Rita

    Happy Saturday everyone! I'm just popping in to post a photo of the work I did on Rita's block.

    This was a beautiful block to work on, and I always enjoy being the first to work on a block. Naturally, I worked on the left hand side. I won't restate the obvious items but I will point out those which are a little difficult to see in the photo. (Click on photo to enlarge).


    The silk ribbon rose trail has tiny white beads running throughout and rests atop the 'net' seam work I added in pink. Notice that all of the butterflies, dragonflies, and lady bug are staying far away from the spider.

    I realize that the spider is black and not necessarily in keeping with the color scheme - but I believe that a little black is a must for every block. The spider web is nestled among and attached to a semi-circle of white silk roses and white beads. And the bead enhanced ribbon is being carried by two little bronze birds, which are meant to mimic the birds in the fabric on the upper right hand side of the block. Sorry, but I cropped that part out...OOOOPPPPSSSS!

    And finally, the red and green seam treatment running top to bottom is just a series of straight stitches and french knots. I hope Rita likes what I have added to her block. Today I mail it off to Lorrie in Canada so that she can work her magic on it.

    Well, I'm off to help DH with some more Christmas decorations. Have a great rest of the weekend.




    Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!

    Gerry

    Labels:

    4 Comments:

    Blogger Judy S. said...

    Hi Gerry! I always love looking at your beautiful CQ work! How's your tree skirt coming? That's a fun pattern.

    December 4, 2011 at 8:24 AM  
    Blogger Wendy said...

    Hi Gerry, I love what you have done with Rita's block....and I like that you put the spider on also in black...

    December 4, 2011 at 8:16 PM  
    Blogger Charlene ♥ SC said...

    Lovely stitching, as always! How could she notlove it?

    Are you covered in snow yet?

    December 11, 2011 at 10:02 AM  
    Blogger Gerry said...

    Thank you, Ladies. It's so good to see that you've been by to visit!

    February 14, 2012 at 8:27 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home