20 March 2012

Bridal Essentials

Since I've been trying to get some use out of my studio lately, I've managed to find numerous projects to work on.

Along with more window treatments, shadow boxes, and various decor projects, I've been working on some must have bridal essentials for a friend (Amie) who is getting married next month.

This is the little gifty that I will present to her at her bridal shower this weekend along with her shower gifts (which I'll share later).

I found this darling little box at Michael's last week. Amie's colors are white, pewter, and black. Needless to say, when I saw this box it was a PERFECT fit for a Memory Box/Keepsake holder! It's very 'chic' inside and even has a magnetic flap closure on the front.

Inside of the lid I've added my copy of her wedding invitation and 'hold the date' reminder card under a sheet of clear plastic. I trimmed it with pewter ribbon and added sparkly jewel-like embellishments in the corners.


Don't you just love the little 'teddy bear' bride and groom figurine? I've had it stored away for so long that it was pure luck to run across it! LOL. Now it will have a new home and a purpose....


The ring bearer's pillow started out as a 12 x 12 pillow form purchased from Hancock Fabrics. I took it apart and sized it down to 9 1/2 x 9 1/2, covered it with a lightweight drapery lining and pre-tufted it. I then covered it with a layer of bridal satin and lace, and retufted it with glass beads. I used tiny, clear, decorative buttons on the back to secure the threads during tufting.

The pewter fabric was meant to resemble a bow tie. I attached the heart clasp to hold the 'tie' shut. When the clasp is open it reveals the beautiful lace, beads, and of course, the tufting.


I also added a piece of the pewter fabric to the back so that the ring bearer (Rylie), who is only two, would be able to easily hold onto it.


Next is the Bride's Money Purse. I wanted to make something pretty and elegant but not too busy. And not too much dangling off of it. Since Amie will have this piece hanging off of here arm for a good portion of the night, it also needed to be a manageable size and fairly sturdy. What a nightmare it would be to have beads falling off and bouncing all over the room - YIKES!!!!



Don't you just love the way this looks when it’s closed? Complete with a built-in flower on top!


Lastly, I modified a small wrapping paper roll. I wanted a scroll type holder for the genealogy/family tree scrapbook pages I bought for the bride and groom. I covered the paper roll with paper then used a couple of small, round wall/floor protector pads. Covered them with the same paper, then added a 'pull' for one end and voila, we have a scroll tube!



Well, that's it for now. Thanks for stopping by.

Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!

Gerry

No comments: