08 December 2012

Victorian Ladies DYB - Round Three

Tonight I finished the third of five blocks that I will work on in this round robin. This Rengin's block. She lives in Istanbul, Turkey and this is our first time that we have gotten to work together.

I had no idea what I was going to do with it when I chose it but in the end it really surprised me. I grabbed the dyed lace as a starting point and I guess it really did set the tone. I'm very happy with it and I hope Rengin is too!


I should be able to grab a photo of my third block shorty, and then I'll update this post. I believe Rengin is the next to work on my block too.

12/08/12 - Update. This is the block that Rengin worked for me. I am so happy with it. It's so beautiful and very much in keeping with the style that Cathy chose as a starting point.



Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!

Gerry

3 comments:

Momma Bear said...

what a beautiful job on this piece!
I had to look at it close up,I love the roses on the side and the pearls.
you chose such delicate stitches.
very nice!

Anonymous said...

Dear Gerry,
I'm still breathless to review all those lovely details on my block, thanks so much for your fantastic work. I'm also working on your block at the moment:))
Much love,
Rengin

Sandie said...

Hi Gerry, we obviously know each other from Crazy quilting - I had a chuckle at your comment on my blog. I have had a few comments along the same lines, it is nice I was thought of enough for people to find me. Hope you'll get in touch and tell me how life has been treating you over the last few years. I'm on Facebook too, if you want to add me... Sandie Louise is the name and there is a photograph of me the same as in this comment.
xxx