14 February 2013

Goings On

Hello! Hello!
I bet you didn't expect to find me here today. LOL. Well, I didn't either, actually. I keep complaining that I just don't have time to blog anymore. And when I do sit down, I seemingly have anything to say or share because I can't seem to get anything else done, either. Shocking - I know.

Well, I've been using that excuse for a little over two years now, give or take, and I've decided that it's high-time to knock it off. I used to have time for most everything that I needed to do or wanted to do. And there certainly isn't any less time in the day now. Or few days in the week, or any fewer weeks in the month! I'm pretty sure I just got really lazy.

So, with that said, I have a lot of page space to cover today. First, and most fun is that I finally got around to adding some listing to my Etsy Shoppe. For now it's just fabric but I hope to expand soon. Since I've been collecting fabric and other lovelies for years I should be able to keep the shop stocked for awhile.

Anyway, back to Etsy, much to my surprise and delight, I got my first sale right away. Then the second, then lots of conversations/emails. Then panic set in, and I wondered how I would keep up with it. After a few deep breaths, I decided that everything would be just fine - BRING IT ON!!!!

I continue to plug away at finishing the piecing of my CQJP 2013 blocks, and will be working the February block shortly. I'm still not sure how I feel about working diamond shaped block, or how I might turn them in a book. But I do like the colors I've chosen and worst case scenario I have another wall hanging.

The Victorian Ladies DBY that started in September, 2012 with CQI will be wrapping up over the next month (or so), with just one block left to work. I'm very excited to have my blocks home as I'm sure everyone else is. My first thoughts were that these blocks would used for a wall hanging. But no I'm toying with a couple of other options, so who knows.

On another note, we just found out that our little furbaby, Fritz has diabetes. Luckily, we caught it early but it was still quite a shocker when we went to vet's office to see why he was drinking so much water and loosing muscle mass. DH and I did some reading up on it, and it helped to lessen the fear and anxiety. And we know that it will have it's complications and drawbacks but it can be controlled and that means he'll be back to mostly normal shortly.

DH and I are still a little awkward giving him injections twice a day but I'm sure we'll be just fine in time. Fritz doesn't have a lot of confidence in us right now. And only after a few days he's already growling and trying to bite us. I feel so bad for him because so much of what he's always known in going to change. Already treats are sparse, he can no longer be a free feeder, and when he sees the fridge door open he takes off. We remain hopeful that in time we will all find our happy place with this situation!

I'm typing this post on a new computer today. I finally had the 'last straw' with my old one the other day. I did manage to get a decade out it but technology changes so quickly that conflicts with my software and hardware became a nightmare. And to be honest, some of the software and hardware was already outdated in 2003. So, after restoring the old girl back to factory specs three times in a year I had become fairly disenchanted. And over the last several months it was still acting up, locking up, bumping and grinding all the time.

On Saturday, after spending a few hours trying to check my email and spewing dirty words, DH rounded me up and we went to Best Buy. We looked at computers, printers, and software. I really don't have any desire to have a laptop so we looked at desktop PCs. In a surprisingly short period of time I had a new HP All-in-One computer, a wireless printer, and a stack of software programs. Now I'm just hoping that I can figure out how to use these new fangled things before technology passes me by again!

Before I go, I would like to wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day. Thank you for stopping by to visit and I hope to see you back here soon!

Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!

Gerry

4 comments:

Wilma said...

Congratulations on the new computer Gerry! Looking forward to you writing more....

Judy S. said...

Checking in today, Gerry! I really enjoyed reading through your piecing advice. How do you decide where to start so that you end up with all finished seams? Don't know if that makes sense, but I seem to always "paint" myself into a corner and end up with a difficult seam......

Gerry said...

Thanks, Wilma. Now that I've had time to get better acquainted with it, I really do like it. I look forward to seeing you this autumn, if you can make it to the retreat!

Gerry said...

Hi Judy,
I appreciate you taking the time to read the post. It was longer than I expected it to be.

Anyway, I usually begin piecing around the center of the block. I try to keep in mind where I want to end up before I add each additional piece.

And for all of my best efforts I do end up having to hand tack a piece or two that just snuck up on me. LOL.

I wouldn't be too concerned about painting yourself into a corner...you could always paint a door to get out! :-)