03 April 2013

Just A Quick Hello

Well, so much for giving my blog more attention! Every time I sit down and decide to spend a few minutes I am quickly pulled away to attend to some other project or issue. It might be age and forgetfulness but I really don't remember life being so hectic when I was younger. LOL. Anyway, right now I'm waiting for paint to dry so I do have a few minutes.



Why am I waiting for paint to dry, you ask???? Well, DH and I have decided that we need to replace the windows in our home. And Monday we had the first three installed. And while there was minimal damage during the removal and install, there is touch up needed. So, there ya go!

I have some good news to share about Fritz's diabetes, though. We have finally gotten his glucose count down from over 700 (normal is 60-150) to around the 140-200 range. He's tired of getting poked twice a day and keeping his schedule is not always convenient but he is SOOOOO worth the effort.

I received the fourth and last block that I will work for the Victorian Ladies DYB RR. It's Cathy K's block. I'm looking forward to adding my touches to her other wonderful blocks. They are so 'lady-like' and beautiful. I'm also anxiously awaiting the return of my blocks. They are (I think) with Connie who will work her magic and then send them home.

DH and I are still going to the gym 3-4 times a week and not enjoying it too much. LOL. I'm trying to stay committed though. I'm even looking for a local gym for when I go to Lincoln this month to take care of my nieces. DH assures me that he will keep going when I'm gone. We so need to get into better shape but after 40, 50, 60...it's tough. I find myself saying, "If I had only known then..." but then again, I'm not sure that would have made a difference.

I'm still promising myself that I will start back to work on my CQJP 2013 blocks pretty soon. I do have them all pieced and bordered, now all I need is the motivation to get going. That time should come when I get back from Lincoln and when my bowling leagues finish up for the season at the end of the month.


Bowling???? Yes, bowling. I've been bowling 1-2 times a week for about 30 years. Right now I'm on two leagues. A small one on Tuesday afternoon and a large one on Friday mornings. That's about the only social interaction I get during the week. LOL. Summer leagues start in May, but I'll only bowl one of those. And that's mostly for the practice. My average is 149 but I have happily had several 200+ games in recent weeks. HMMMMMMM, maybe it's going to the gym?!??!!?!

Well, I better go check in on my Etsy Shoppe before I jump back into cleaning and putting my drapes back up. I have been so pleasantly surprised that there are other fabric-aholics out there. And they've been keeping me very, very busy.

Thanks so much for taking the time to pop in and visit. I wish you a wonderful week and good weather for the weekend.

Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!

Gerry

No comments: