15 November 2007

A FOB-ulous Thank You



I made these little scissor fobs for all the ladies who participated in my 'first swap'. It was a dream to hostess. Everyone met their deadlines, kept me in the loop, shared photos, etc. We had 29 participants (with 30 blocks) and it went smooth as silk. Some might call that luck but I know with these ladies that it's just the way they do things!

It was really important to me to be able to give them all something that they could hold on to and use and would help them remember this project. The closeness and communication. The building of friendships. Something that really says, "THANK YOU, this was a group effort!"




Each fob starts with a braided cell phone charm chain in one of 10 colors, it has at least three beads and/or charms on it, a clasp for hooking it to your scissors, and at the end they all have a little Italian Charm of a Parrot. Needless to say, each of them are a OOAK (one of a kind) piece.




As it turns out, making the fobs was a really fun project for me. Much more difficult than I expected it to be. My old fingers and eyes just don't do 'little stuff' like they used to. LOL. Looking at the finished project as a "BUNCH", it was well worth all the dirty words (only joking)!




Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!



6 comments:

Maddie Can Fly said...

No wonder you're such a popular hostess (LOL). Seriously, I can't believe all the work you did AND give everyone a gift!

Clothmatters said...

The FOBs you made are beautiful! Great work.

Ati said...

You have been a busy lady, puh...
Oh, what a fun to get my block back WITH a gift :-D)) big smile.
They look fantastic!

Susan said...

Wow, Gerry, that was such a nice thing for you to do! They look gorgeous!

Rissa said...

Very cute idea!

Gerry said...

I'm tickled that everyone liked the fobs. I had such a wonderful group to work with. I don't think they really understand how helpful they were!