06 October 2008

Birthdays and Stuff

Today, I'm going to give it my best shot at getting caught up on all those little loose ends that I haven't been able to hold onto. With Fritz at Doggy Daycare and Gene at work, who knows when I'll get another opportunity like this. LOL.

First of all, today is my nephew, Dustin's 10th birthday. Happy Birthday, Dustin!!! Aunt Gerry loves you very, very much.

I'm still getting used to the Beast and I'm trying my best to play nice. When we bought her we got this bottle of wine and some key fobs. I got to thinking the other day that maybe they were a bribe to take her off their hands. LOL. Well, I'm not opening the wine until I decide if she's staying. And I should have that answer by late next week. We're about to be spending a lot of time together!



We're still getting settled in, and probably will be for some time to come. But I am still getting out and about (in the Beast) and learning my way around. I'm convinced that the best way to do that is to go shopping. This week I found Hobby Lobby and Hancock's Fabrics. And before I left, I also found these goodies. Notice that I ONLY bought 1/2 yard of the doggies, and 1/4 yard of the shoes. And I didn't even have to pay for therapy. LOL.



Since we have different rooms and angles in this house, we are shuffling furniture around a bit. And with new arrangements, comes the need for new accessories. So, awhile back I found a great bunch of antique stores. And even though I didn't find what I set out to find, I did find these little additions.



I really missing my craft shows this time of year. I cancelled last year because I thought we would have sold the house and moved - NOT! And this year it was too late to get a booth anywhere. So, in anticipation of next year, Lauri has pointed me in the direction of these great little 2 and 3 piece patterns. They were more difficult to come up with than I expected. Some are out of print all together. Anyway, I plan to make some crazy quilted animals for my next craft fair. I also thought that the Aunt Martha's nursery rhymes would make fun pillows. The dragon is a secret until I see if it works out.








In closing, but most importantly, I would like to wish my dear son, Mathew a very, very happy 18th birthday. (It's been 10 months since I've seen him. And about as long since I've spoken to him.) I will miss being with you to celebrate such a big event in your life but I want you to know that I love you as much (or more) now than I did the day you were born. Be well, be happy, be safe, and know that I am always here for you. Mom.


Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!



5 comments:

Judy S. said...

Hi There!
I tried to post last week without success....sounds like you're fitting right into the CO scene. How fun to meet some of the CQ folk in person! I'll bet you like The Beast better when the snow flies!

Gerry said...

I always write it off as a "Blogger thing." LOL. I'm loving life in Colorado. There are a lot of CQ'ers here! As for the Beast......Time will tell. LOL.

Cat said...

Birthdays...

Happy Birthday to Dustin, and Happy Birthday to Matthew! 18!

Now... isn't it like maybe...
your birthday month too???

Love the new look to your blog - quite bewitchy!

Hugs, C

Gerry said...

Oh yeah, I'll be another year older. Not much wiser but older. LOL.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Love the look of your BlogHome. Sounds like lots of fun learning your surroundings! And yes, I agree, shopping is the best way to conquer many issues! Take care, Friend.