04 February 2009

Updates on Swaps

This is Karen's block after my work. I copied the dragonfly that Pat put on the center heart. I also added some roses and what were supposed to be iris'. I followed the directions exactly but still didn't get the same effect. I'm starting to get really frustrated with trying to make flowers look like flowers. Finally, I added the black and gold trim and vintage lace and the bead treatment. Anyway, I hope that Karen likes what I added, and will be understanding about the flower faux pas.


This is what her full block looks like as I prepare to mail it on to Cathy.


These are the goodies that I received from Phyllis for Mindy's Valentine's Day Swap. Phyllis had decorated up the box they came in, which really set the stage for what I discovered inside. There was this little handcrafted felt quilty piece with a heart in the center. Some pretty bows wrapped around other pretty things. And of course....CANDY!!!


Is this card darling or what???? I love it. Phyllis even made the envelope and wrapped it all up in a darling little orange box. She also included some lovely personalized note cards and envelopes (again!) I wonder if Mindy told her that I collect "G" things? Either way, it was the perfect gift.


These are the goodies that I sent to Phyllis. I'm not a card maker, so I bought one but I did take great care in choosing it. I also chose these two little nesting boxes with inspirational sayings. And who can't use an extra box or two? Now for the sweet stuff....I sent the Mocha Cappuccino mostly because I just loved the little tin. And lastly, a bag of little mints in assorted flavors of chocolate.

I know she liked it all because she already said THANKS! The best part about these types of swaps (for me) is that you get to meet such friendly and generous internet friends. Thanks to Phyllis and Mindy!

Katy's 2 FQ Swap introduced me to Maxine in England. Look at what she sent me, all tucked into this cute, little, pink bag. It's to die for! She also made the tiny bag, which she stuffed with assorted buttons, a ring of laces and ribbons, and a crochet pin. And of course - 2 FQ's with a sweet note card. How cool that she put forth so much effort to make these things for me. I'm truly flattered.


The items I sent to her include a pincushion and wine bag that I made. Some fun buttons, glass beads, 2 FQ's and a note card. I hope she likes it as much as I liked mine.


Well, that's it for now. I've got errands to run, a contractor to check on, a furbaby to play with, yada, yada, yada. Thanks for stopping by and -


3 comments:

Judy S. said...

That block is so pretty, Gerry. I really love the dragonflies. And it doesn't matter that they aren't iris because they're lovely anyhow!
Sounds like you're very busy these days?

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

The mail has been good to you!!!! I am so glad your swap with well. Is she not the best?!?!?!?

Gerry said...

Hi Judy, you’re so sweet! I don’t know why I struggle so with SRE flowers. Maybe it’s just not my thing. LOL. Thanks for stopping by!

Yes, Phyllis is great. I’m really glad I found her blog, too. Thanks!