15 June 2009

Round Robins - Wrap Up

Finally, I'm getting around to posting photos of the round robin blocks I've been working on. And also the finished block that I've gotten back.

This is Cathy's Hearts II block. (You can see Cathy's whole block and more details at her blog.) I worked in a number of different areas on this block, just trying to fill in the blanks (which there weren't many). I added the SRE anemone and the purple roses, the hand-dyed Venice lace, beads, and ribbon, both lace flower motifs and beads, the pink metallic thread on the existing lace, the red and white SRE rose trail, the key charm and ribbon, the 2 button hearts, the bow lace and trim, and the seam treatment on top of it.


This is Janet's Spider and Webs block. I added a gold metallic web at the lower left hand side, a blue metallic web with spider on the lower right hand side. I also added the amber lace motif with bullions and beads. To the right of that I added the black butterfly and the vase as well as the flowers and beads in the vase. The last photo is Janet's block finished and on its way back home.




This is my finished block - and I LOVE IT! I can hardly believe how beautiful it is. I admit that I expected great work from the ladies in this RR but I am absolutely floored by this. I can't begin to thank them enough but I will give them credit here.

In addition to working individual corners: Karen (bottom left), Cathy (upper left), Carol (upper right), and Debbie (bottom right), they all contributed to working the center heart and managed to turn my once empty, naked, heart into a true treasure.








(naked block)



Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! This is gorgeous stitching! :)

Gerry said...

Isn't it though? I'm very lucky!

Nancy said...

This is just so beautiful :) thank you for sharing your work.

Gerry said...

Thanks, Nancy. I plan to make a wall hanging for my studio. Hopefully, I get it done in the NEAR future. LOL.