03 May 2010

Monday Mutterings

Good morning! Once again, I find myself wondering where the time has gone. I can hardly believe it's been so long since I posted here.

There hasn't been too much going on around here. At least nothing out of the norm. DH and I went to see Alice in Wonderland yesterday and I loved it! Very cool graphics but a little darker (theme) than I had expected. I'm pretty sure we'll have to see it again. There were so many things going on in the background that it was difficult to take it all in.

As for what's going on in the studio....the horse quilt has sort of found its way to the back burner for now but has not been forgotten. I've been spending a lot of time working on a Goddess quilt/wall hanging. I've been hand quilting it, which is fairly time consuming. Not a bad thing keeping mind and hands busy.

The weather has been just perfect lately. It's so nice to see everything beginning to bloom. I even planted several pots of herbs, which are sprouting up nicely in my kitchen window.

On a more serious note, there have been a number of family/home related things going on around here.

Happily, DH is down to only 3 radiation treatments after today. I hate to see the way it wears on him. Fingers crossed that the remaining prostate cancer will be gone after his treatments.

I made a trip to Phoenix mid April to visit my mother. After months and months of hearing I DON'T KNOW from doctors, she has finally been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. She is scheduled to begin her chemo tomorrow. I know she's not looking forward to it. Hell, who would? Depending on how it effects her will determine which of the two evils she will choose: to chemo or not! I wish there was something I could do. Feeling utterly helpless is a terrible feeling!

My dad has had yet another surgery on his back in hopes that the pain will be reduced, and that he will regain full feeling in his legs. I swear, I don't know how he has managed to live with that kind of pain for so long. I have to believe that his back pain/issues have been a contributing factor with his heart and other health issues.

Well, that's it for now because it's time to start laundry, straighten up the house, and play with Fritz. Thanks for stopping by.

Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!

Gerry


6 comments:

Judy S. said...

Thinking of you, Gerry. You've sure had your share of stress lately! We're headed off today for a couple of days R&R after our crazy wedding schedule over the past two weeks. Take care now. And big hugs too.

FredaB said...

Gerry I feel so bad for you with all that is going on. I am surprised you can even think never mind do projects. I like to think that someday we will look back and think of cancer like we now think of TB and diseases like Smallpox. Srely a cure should be found soon. Can't come too soon. Just heard today of 2 ladies who have breast cancer that has metastisized - one passed away and the other is close. I had it 10 years ago and am thankful for every day since that I have. We never know when it is going to hit or who it will hit.

Take care of yourself because you sound like you have a rough road ahead. I feel for your Mother as it will be a hard decision for her to make and she will need you to lean on.

Hugs

FredaB

Lesley said...

Hi Gerry, No wonder you haven't had time to blog. I'm so sorry to hear about your family's health problems. Blessings coming your way, dear friend.

Gerry Krueger said...

Sorry to hear of your mom's problems... But on the prostate thing almost every man we know (including my man) in our age group has had PC and all have had success whether it has be radiation, surgery, or whatever... Only one person had consequences and he waited too long for treatment... They seem to have a handle on this cancer.
Thankfully..

Loved your quilt... I got a new puppy finally ..4 weeks ago Morris but oh I still miss my Fritz.... pictures on blog....

Take care and good luck and hug your dog!!!!... Gerry K.

Gerry said...

Thank you for your support, Ladies. I will respond to each comment to you directly.

Wendy said...

Thinking of you Gerry and sending up prayers on behalf of your loved ones. May Gods peace rest upon you and your loved ones during this time.