13 February 2012

More UFO's - Finished!

Good Monday Morning All!

Today I'm happy to share with you two wall hangings that I completed over the weekend. They both started out as round robin blocks that returned home just stunningly, beautiful and have sadly, been tucked away in my UFO box for way too long.

The first is from the CQI Spiders & Webs II round robin: January, 2009. (finished block size 16" square)


The block went out like this:


As each of the five ladies in the rotation worked the block, it transformed into this:


(credit and thanks go out to Janet Popish, Lauri Burgesser, Lindy Walker, Gerry Krueger, and Marya Blackwell.)





The second is from the CQI Hearts II round robin: January, 2009. (finished block size 18" square)


The block went out like this:


As each of the four ladies in the rotation worked the block, it transformed into this:

(credit and thanks go out to Cathy Kizerian, Debbie Quirion, Carol Davis, and Karen South.)








This was the first time that I used a stencil on the borders. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. No doubt I will be using it again!





Well, that's it for now. Hopefully the rods I ordered will arrive soon and I can get these pieces and my Water Goddess piece displayed in the office/study.

Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!

Gerry

8 comments:

gocrazywithme said...

A beautiful finish to both projects, Gerry.

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Beautiful finishes to beautiful blocks, Gerry!

Gerry said...

Thank you, Janet for stopping by and for your kind words. I'm so happy that you took the time!!! :-)

Kerry, your comments mean a lot to me! You do such fabulous work. Huggles.

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Look time no blogchat. What a transformation. I particularly love the first block.

Cathy said...

They turned out stunningly, Gerry! You really did a nice job of finishing them, although I knew you would, LOL! Please show pix of your office when they are all hung! Hugs, Cat K

Momma Bear said...

I remember that first one!
you got one of Gerry K's birds, How lovely!

Judy S. said...

Nice work, Gerry! It's fun to see all these pretty CQ seam treatments, inspiring, too. Isn't it amazing how much dust appears after construction projects? Looks like you got great results along with it though!

Tatyana Ratcliffe said...

The project with Spiders and Webs have now made me a fan of yours as it has broken my heart lol. Also, I love dogs and am a Schnauser mummy myself although at this moment I have a different breed, but miss my Schnausers.