13 January 2007

Cleaning Up 'The Studio'

My DH is away on a business trip for a few days and I decided to take advantage of that time to do some cleaning up. My studio is beyond a disaster. It's no wonder I don't have any motivation to work in there. I spend a lot of time at the computer with my back to most of it. And I actually avoid opening closet doors lately.

It's really pathetic when you has SO MUCH that you can't find anything to use. Odd as that sounds, I bet a lot of you know exactly what I'm talking about. You either can't remember what you did with it, you have too much to go through to even bother looking for it, or you simply cannot remember where the heck you put it.

Well, I've had enough of it the way it is. I'm going to get this mess straightened up so that I can get back to stitching. I'm falling terribly behind on my commitments. I have several group swap projects which are either coming due or are already due. And I hate being behind. I'm just not a 'late' person. Also, I would really like to be an active participant in Sharon's TSTC. The only way I see being able to do that is to have a work area that I can actually work in!

For your astonishment, I have posted the following photos of my 1st day of organizing. And also the 'mess' as it now stands. There are very few totes that I haven't emptied. And I'm just working with cottons. The fancies, flannels, etc., will come later on.

I joke about having 'tons' of fabric but I don't think the word 'stash' means the same thing to me as it does to some others. Addiction comes to mind, doesn't it? Go ahead and gasp, shake your heads, giggle under your breath. I live with it and I've been there.










This mess below is what equipment I currently have in my studio. It's wall to wall! Good thing I'm working in a 13 x 15 room with a deluxe walk-in closet. I don't have a lot of opions on rearranging the 'furniture' but I can certainly sort it, straighten it, and maybe even scale down. I have some really nice things to put up on the walls but I don't want to start putting holes in them until I'm sure, or fairly sure, that it's going to stay that way.

I would also like to get my 'stuff' all together in one area. Right now I have 2 other closets and one 'under the bed' storage places with craft supplies and STUFF taking up space.

OMG, what have I started????



9 comments:

Pat said...

It's that time of year, it made me laugh when I found this on my bloglines. Carry on the good work you will be a better woman for it:-)

Gerry said...

I didn't get 'the joke' until I read your post. Ha, ha, ha you're doing it too!

Lil said...

OOhhhhh Gerry- can I come over your house and help you take some of that stuff off your hands???

Kim West said...

you know... I wouldn't mind taking some of your stash off your hands... :D

Candi said...

Oh please please, come to my house in CA! It needs you! lol If you can't do that then share some of that energy! lol
HUGZ:)
Candi

Judi W. said...

You win! LOL.

Gerry said...

LOL. I"m not sure my DH would consider it a win! Thanks for stopping by!

Ati said...

Yes I had a giggle ;) we all have those days now and than that we think: I MUST clean it up. But the problem is that you can't find things afterwards if you get all items a new "place to be".

Renea said...

You have successfully spread your prized possessions all over! Is this a new decorating style?

I see Bella popped in to help, what happened to Fritz?

Anytime you want to share let me know.